Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel Cover (rear)

SilverLady said:
Any News from South Africa about our covers.

I think it maybe time to report them lost or stolen.

If they were sent vie South African Postal Services they will be trackable.

If they were sent with a shipping company then they will also be trackable.

Do we have the name of the shipping/ Postal people so we can start to look for them.

I do have a few contacts in SA do you want me to ask them if they can help.

Were they paid for with a credit card ?

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Yes, I asked them last week to claim on the insurance for these. They were sent with SAPO, and are trackable. The SA post office says these are still on the boat which is unlikely. They say that once these arrive in the UK they will be trackable by royal mail.

(the current status on the tracking only has the status they left the international mail centre, and has not changed in over 50 days..)

Its been far too long for me to believe they are still on a boat. The company who made them are claiming the insurance.

When I hear back I'll let everyone know........

50 Days!

Last time i took a ship to the Falkland Islands via Rio and Montevideo it only took 24!

yes, they quoted 25 days originally. :evil:

Ahh that is a bummer. If another batch is made, they should bring the URL on the back of them. Easy to spot who stole them then :twisted:

Crispin said:
Ahh that is a bummer. If another batch is made, they should bring the URL on the back of them. Easy to spot who stole them then :twisted:

That sounds a good idea maybe a membership number on each.

mind you anyone with a wheel cover for a 285/75/16 more than likely nicked it any way because you cant buy the things.

If they are being remade any redesigns before we start.

I tell you what! If they are being remade, I am still interested.

I would however hope that the price remain the same :pray:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
SilverLady said:
Crispin said:
That sounds a good idea maybe a membership number on each.mind you anyone with a wheel cover for a 285/75/16 more than likely nicked it any way because you cant buy the things.If they are being remade any redesigns before we start.Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:
I will definitely still go for a full Khaki 285/75/16 wheel cover with pocket for a rubbish bag and whatever club logo is decided please :cool: BTW, Do we have membership numbers?
Chas

I'm still in for the re-make... I've spent the money, if it comes back it'll get earmarked for shoes :lol: :hand:

Whatever I had on order (a grey 285 with pockets and logo I think... 'twas a long time ago :ugeek: ) but I'm happy to go with the flow on logos. If not available I'll follow the plan on refunds or whatever has to happen.

The main disappointment is that this was excuse for getting a swing-out carrier and 285s :dance:

Kev, what a pain in the backside
I would like to try to go again, a gray half cover, with just a single pocket. I would however like to change the size to a 305 70 16.
If the majority want to go for a refund then so be it

Hi All

I want to go for a wheel cover, a refund may well be spent on something that dont fit a Toyota unless it takes size 5 shoes and not 285's. :crying-yellow:

Go for the re-order.

Justin_Elliott said:
I'm still up for the original order...
Just for the record, me too.

What's the cencus? Somalian Pirates or heavy seas?
Or are they rowing them across?

Well the company sent the order in 3 parcels - to reduce the risk of customs catching them - and none of them have turned up.

I doubt all three could have gone missing/been stolen. So I'm still hoping they might turn up. :pray:

If we go the route of getting them re-made I'm thinking of using FEDEX or something . Fed up with this already!

ignat said:
Well the company sent the order in 3 parcels - to reduce the risk of customs catching them - and none of them have turned up.

I doubt all three could have gone missing/been stolen. So I'm still hoping they might turn up. :pray:

If we go the route of getting them re-made I'm thinking of using FEDEX or something . Fed up with this already!

Kev

Will the insurance pay out the value plus the postage?
The reason I ask is that I wouldn't like to see anyone out of pocket for the new postal costs!!

Keep us posted, but i'm still happy for a reorder.

I know your fed up mate but we all know this is not your fault so don't worry.

where are we with this? Is the cost being claimed on insurance or are we still waiting?

Who is claiming on the insurance ? US or Them.

As they took the money for the postage then it should be the suppliers that claim. They have the proof of postage not us.
How can we make a claim against South African postal services in the UK ?. Have they forwarded a copy of the postal documents so we can check that they were sent.

What do the suppliers have to say about the claim ?

Mal.

Hi Kevin,

Its been 2.5 weeks since the last update- whats happening with this order?

must be honest i'm starting to feel a liitle nervous..........don't think i'm the only one!

Thanks

James

hi all

sorry been away in Portugal. Just got back today

The supplier in SA is claiming the insurance there, from the SA post office. Before I left they said they were having trouble with the SAPO as the country has been affected by strikes. I've got tracking numbers which say these are still in transit. I've tried chasing the SAPO from here, but they dont answer emails. Unfortunately any Saffa's here will know the joys of dealing with the SA post office.. :roll:

anyway they have since emailed with an update. Post Office not proceeding with the insurance claim as they reckon the ship is still at sea and due to arrive in 2 weeks.... I've replied asking why they reckon another 2 weeks when its been months now. PO says they will only start insurance claim in 2 weeks. :evil:

anyway the supplier says they will proceed with insurance, and they reckon if we want a re-order they can process an order through Safari Centre in Switzerland. They send containers of stuff there every couple months.

so we are getting there...painfully slowly.

Once the insurance pays out those who've requested a refund will get it, the rest who still want covers will get them.

I dont know what I will do yet. I am in the same 'boat' as the rest of you.

Hi Kevin

Can you copy me in on the emails from the suppliers etc and maybe I can help some.

I have a couple of friends in South Africa who may pull a few strings.

Mal

Back