Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel Cover (rear)

Mal Eade

Country Flag
england
Anyone know where I can get a spare wheel cove to fit over a 285 x75 x 16 wheel ???

The size is 32.8'' or 834 mm.

Seems to me that no one makes them that big.
But I know someone out there will know of a supplier.

Mal

If you do find one Mal let me know I would have one as well.
Chas

Hi Charles

I have found a firm that will make some up to the required size but need a order of say 10 to make it cost effective.

Anyone else want one. ??

SilverLady said:
Hi Charles

I have found a firm that will make some up to the required size but need a order of say 10 to make it cost effective.

Anyone else want one. ??
Could they do them with our logo on?
Chas

I am in the process of ordering one of these from SA:

10049-garbage_bag_closed_flat.jpg

10049-garbage_bag_expanded.jpg

10049-garbage_bag_ready_for_use.jpg

has space for a rubbish bin, and a pocket for a braai (BBQ)grid .

They did these with logo's for the Land Cruiser Club of SA. They do plain canvas ones too... if anyone is interested!

http://www.jackalberrycanvas.co.za/accessories.htm

mmmmmm

Nice

I am on the case (or cover as well )

Mal

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like the look of the SA one, always thought it would be very handy to have an external bag on the car when overlanding for tow ropes shackles etc. Save having to get into the car when stuck. I would be up for one of those if we wanted to put a little group buy together

Julian said:
I like the look of the SA one, always thought it would be very handy to have an external bag on the car when overlanding for tow ropes shackles etc. Save having to get into the car when stuck. I would be up for one of those if we wanted to put a little group buy together

Well I contacted the company and they say they can do a 20% discount on a bulk order.

Prices were as follows:

Dustbin Wheel Cover (Cover half of Wheel as on website) R 340.00 (£30)
Solid Dustbin Wheel Cover (Cover entire Wheel) R 410.00 (£36.20)
Dustbin Wheel Cover with space for braai grid (Cover half of Wheel) R410.40 (£36.20)
Solid Dustbin Wheel Cover with space for braai grid (Cover entire Wheel) R410.40 (£36.20)

current exchange rate is R11.3/£1 ...

Ignat
Thanks for the quick response, Prices look V Good
Not sure about the full wheel or the half wheel, which one are you going for?
Did you ask if they do them in the Charcoal colour they are doing the seat covers in?
Perhaps we could get them to embroider a subtle www.landcruiserclub.net on the bag bit
Looks great
Julian

Prices look great, but as Mal says, will they cover a 285/75/16.
Certainly up for a Solid Dustbin Wheel Cover if they would fit.

ignat said:
Julian said:

Well I contacted the company and they say they can do a 20% discount on a bulk order.

Prices were as follows:

Dustbin Wheel Cover (Cover half of Wheel as on website) R 340.00 (£30)
Solid Dustbin Wheel Cover (Cover entire Wheel) R 410.00 (£36.20)
Dustbin Wheel Cover with space for braai grid (Cover half of Wheel) R410.40 (£36.20)
Solid Dustbin Wheel Cover with space for braai grid (Cover entire Wheel) R410.40 (£36.20)

I will definitely go for a full wheel cover with pocket for a rubbish bag. Do those prices include the discount?
Chas

Julian said:
Not sure about the full wheel or the half wheel, which one are you going for?
Did you ask if they do them in the Charcoal colour they are doing the seat covers in?
Perhaps we could get them to embroider a subtle http://www.landcruiserclub.net on the bag bit
Looks great
Julian

I think I prefer the full wheel cover. Didnt ask about the colour, but I will email them. I agree, a logo will look good embroidered somewhere. If you see the 1st picture of Louis Kruger's trip report on this forum, you will see the LCCSA logo they stitched on. Looks good. I think that increased the price by £10 though.

Cossack said:
Do those prices include the discount?
Chas

No, thats before discount. I'm not sure what quantity qualifies as a 'bulk order' but once we have some figures I will check with them.

Ecky Thump said:
Prices look great, but as Mal says, will they cover a 285/75/16.
Certainly up for a Solid Dustbin Wheel Cover if they would fit.

Certain they will fit the 285/75/16. A member on LCCSA had one on that size. Will get confirmation though.. :D :D

Kevin
Thanks chap, from what was a straight forward purchase for you, now with more people onboard it might be getting a little more tricky.
I think £10 ish for the logo won't be a deal breaker for me
If I can doing anything to help let me know

Julian said:
Kevin

I think £10 ish for the logo won't be a deal breaker for me
Not a deal breaker for me either.
Chas

Yeh me to please

A full cover with logo please.

Where do I send the money

A Charcoal colour would be better for me as well.

Do we have a Logo yet ?

Mal

No worries Julian ;)

Ok, I will check they do them in the charcoal colour. Sure they would, as I think they make these up to order.

Once I have a final figure I will get them to give a quote on postage. My folks who live in SA are busy deciding when they will be coming to the UK for a visit. If timings work out I will ask them to bring them over - save a packet in postage.

Chaps, how long should we wait for numbers before we proceed?

Names I have so far:
Mal, Les, Julian, Chas & me.

Is everyone after 285/75/16?

cheers for now

Kevin

ignat said:
No worries Julian ;)

Names I have so far:
Mal, Les, Julian, Chas & me.

Is everyone after 285/75/16?

cheers for now

Kevin
285/75/16 for me please.
Chas

I'd be up for one of those, a full cover for 285s in a dark grey colour with whatever ELCO logo is decided please. Let me know who how and what to pay...

Good man whoever got this going :D

Back