Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel wobbles on 2017 79 series?

Dani Hisnch

Country Flag
australia
Hi all, Ive joined this group to hopefully hear some good insights on what could be happening with my LC. As a chick and having no idea on proper car stuff :) Only thing I changed on the car when I bought it was putting 305 tyres on with new bigger rims (I think 12" maybe 10") She drove like dream and then in May last year Toyota did a service and during it they took all the wheels off and repacked the bearings. I had only just had it balanced etc so I was spewing. (They rekon they dont have the facilities there to service my size tyres) Anyway, not long after that I notice the car got slight wobbles at 80-90klm. I told Toyota and they tried to say it was the brakes. Well how come its on acceleration and deceleration! Not on braking and never did it before. So privately Ive had 4 wheel alignments balance and rotations done, brake test and its worse than ever. No one knows why its doing it. Could they have not done up the bearings properly when they serviced it. Is it the diff? is it the steering arms. It seems on certain roads its worse than others too. And I dont even do any off roading. So Im gonna go back to TOyota with all the above and see what they say while its under warranty. I just need some advice so I know what to push them for and what to make sure and check. They screwed me on my old hilux so Im wary of their bullshit. Doesnt seem right on a new LC. Plus just about eveyone puts on bigger tyres etc so surely it cant be them. Thanks :)

Back