Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where next after Salisbury?

Julian

As much fun as Salisbury Plain is, where next?
Is there any other places like it that might be worth an explore? Maybe a bit easier for other people from further north to get to?
Just an idea

Julian said:
As much fun as Salisbury Plain is, where next?
Is there any other places like it that might be worth an explore? Maybe a bit easier for other people from further north to get to?
Just an idea

I've been thinking the same. as much fun as it is, you could OD pretty quickly.
I've been pondering for a while about a trip (weekend) to the lakes or maybe Wales (Does not help those that are North)

I have a TOR road book for a long lane in Derby/Peak district, supposed to be good and sort of central

Yeah it would be good to try something differnt next time round. I like the idea of the Peak or Lake districts. Maybe do a long weekend with camping or B&B if the mrs comes along.

There are usually laning day trips from Lincomb but even from there Wales is a bit of a long haul if you don't start quite early. There are some nice camp sites in mid Wales that would give you easy access though if you want to make a weekend of it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Strata Florida is good and would fill a day
Seven Sisters is a fun weekend (usually a j33p or SLRC club event frequently- usually well run and organised)
event report from last 7S- J33p 7 sisters 2008
and some piccies
seven_sisters_jul2008_27_big.jpg

seven_sisters_jul2008_38_big.jpg

could arrange a weekend in the southwest doing "drive round days" at Wellingon and Bampton- they will get a LOT out of the vehicles- winching, mud, trees, etc etc a number of you guys know the sites from winch training and/or couplle of competitions.

Peak district is OK, but a LOT of damage in places by other 4x4 users, makes me feel really bad for driving up there- lakes is better for that in the winter- very little hassle with some good routes.

Wales you're spoilt for choice really wether you want open scenery or tight twisties, the peaks are a bit dull now, yorkshire is ok in spots, lakes are nice for scenic drives, exmoor is out of bounds now I think (?) which is a real shame, the patches in between are mostly either nothing doing or not worth doing, so Wales is a good bet or a long haul up to the lakes or an even longer haul to France ;) :mrgreen:

North Wales be quite good....
But if your going Strata.... still South then maybe work our way up a little over Happy Valley and B@stard lane...

or just come North... some good lanes up North...
I can easy fill a day in either North Wales or the Peaks...

But I have to re-build my front axle and brakes first....
Or get something that is Wales worthy...

Tommo&Claire said:
All sound good fun to me so i'll go wherever.

You'll go w
Likewise, I accept what the more learned folks know.
I would like: Some water, nice lanes, difficult stuff (not miles and miles of mud.) (but not Ian Rubbie style) and not too scratchy.

Sounds like a nice weekend brewing...

Crispin said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":1qh2akiw]All sound good fun to me so i'll go wherever.

You'll go w
I would like: Some water, nice lanes, difficult stuff (not miles and miles of mud.) (but not Ian Rubbie style) and not too scratchy.

Sounds like a nice weekend brewing...[/quote:1qh2akiw]

well the "not to scratchy" bit might be challenging in Wales....

p1010914d.jpg

maybe Peak District then after all...

TobyJug said:
Crispin said:
[quote="Tommo&Claire":2ldc0dmg]All sound good fun to me so i'll go wherever.

You'll go w

Sounds like a nice weekend brewing...

p1010914d.jpg

maybe Peak District then after all...[/quote:2ldc0dmg]

That'll be no match for my bumper mounted chain saw mod I am [now] planning. :lol:

TobyJug said:

p1010914d.jpg

maybe Peak District then after all...

Nope, that is not going to happen... SWMBO will kill me :cry:

whahaha @ Crispin...

and Tony if it bothers her why not wrap the truck in kitchen foil for the day....??

Raduno%20Tutto%20Iblei%2011%20Sahara%20Club%204x4%20Ragusa%20(179)_JPG.jpg

Raduno%20Tutto%20Iblei%2011%20Sahara%20Club%204x4%20Ragusa%20(175)_JPG.jpg

whahahaha

TobyJug said:
whahaha @ Crispin...

and Tony if it bothers her why not wrap the truck in kitchen foil for the day....??

whahahaha
Week-end warriors :lol:

Cossack said:
TobyJug said:
whahaha @ Crispin...

whahahaha
Week-end warriors :lol:
This reminds me of a prank we did at uni to a mates car. We used stretch film and warped his entire beloved 206 in about 5 layers! it him ages to get in as he did not want to cut the stretch film off in case he scratched his car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway i don't think kitchen foil will do, you need stretch packing film as is much thicker. great idea for the shinys

I can get hold of wrapping for bales, much stronger and comes in some nice colours :cool:

Even just playing on dirty tracks will get you some scratches, it's very hard to go laning without picking some up, so if you don't like scratches you need to think very carefully before you go off on laning trips especially if your truck is a dark colour. I've done my best to avoid scratches for groups I've led before now and it just doesn't work there's always someone examining some damage afterwards.

Back