Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which alarm would you recommend?

Cruiserdude

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi Guys,

I'm searching for a little help on central locking and alarm options please, which, it seems is even more appropriate given the latest stolen cruiser recently mentioned on the forum. To be perfectly honest I didn't even think my cruiser would have been at risk so I'd considered disabling the rubbish alarm and just getting the central locking sorted. However, think I'll buy a new alarm system now.

The one I have is made by Aolin (think it's a cheap one from china) and one of the key fob buttons is faulty so it's temporarily disabled so I can use the key in the drivers door.

Would you chaps mind letting me know which alarm/central locking system you have and how easy it was to install (based on basic car wiring knowledge) and how much it cost to buy.

Thanks,
Mark

I had a cat one fitted sigma alarm with a key pad so if they get hold of the keys it still won't start, 300 quid all in.
I also put a steering wheel lock on I also park it on the drive and put it on full lock with the front wheels facing the wall so it can't be dragged onto a transporter.
I know this sounds bad but you just have to make it harder to steal than the next one, sign of the times unfortunately, scumbags.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, sounds like you've got all angles covered! Is that the Sigma S30? Does it come with new remote key fobs to open the doors using the existing central locking mechanisms?

Cheers,
Mark

Yes comes with two remotes that operate the original central locking.

I used gapsecurity to install a Cat 1 Alarm on my track car many years ago, when the alarm packed up and was removed the quality of their wiring was appalling. Wires twisted together and then wrapped in insulation tape and scotchloks seemed to the fitters limited ability. TBH I was surprised the alarm lasted 10 years before problems showed themselves

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
All joints were correctly made and soldered too on mine. Very knowledgeable guy. Not a Scotchlok in sight.

After Will’s story, get one that rams a couple of thousand volts through the bastards.

Can't have too much security. Mine has the original Scorpion alarm fitted by Toyota UK in 1995 and it's never failed. They are back in business. I've fitted a keyed master switch to the starter cable and a bonnet lock. There's a policemans jacket on view in the back shelf and she's locked in a concrete garage with power station locks behind locked railings and a closed lane gate. She's there every morning lol.

Wow Frank, sounds like you have your very own version of Fort Knox :grinning: thanks for all the input fellas - I just read on a website that any Thatcham product has to be installed by a registered fitter, so I guess it's time to spend a bit of dosh with one of them.

Cheers,
Mark

I installed alarms as an 'add on' to the mechanics business, you will be hard pushed to beat 'Clifford' when it comes to cost with their reliability.......solder all joints regardless of your choice. I still have the same batteries in both remotes after seven years!

Regards

Dave

I've also got a Clifford system with black jacks. You can take the keys and still only drive it a couple of hundered yards. It' that good it's caught me out a couple of times. Other than that a disklock is a very tough unit to get by and simple

Back