Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whitby Collie. Anyone on here?

stuzbot

Just spotted this one on eBay:

It could almost be mine's twin. Just one year older and I think the paintwork is actually a deep purply blue, rather than black. Usual MOT stuff about rusty cills and chassis. But not too bad. It's got a full MOT too. And not hugely far from me, in luvverly Whitby.

Just wondering if it's anyone on here?

I would be quite tempted as I'm still minded to get another one and use mine for donor parts. Or get another one to drive while fixing mine up. Just got the cashflow problem to sort. I need to either sell my other van, or a kidney. Anyone after a nice Renault Master?

PS: for our Canadian viewers. It's Whitby in North Yorkshire!

Sounds like a plan Stuz, you know exactly what to look for this time and where to look.
First glances without underneath shots don't look to shabby on a vehicle that age, but we all know shiny paintwork aint everything. Very good luck mate, fingers crossed.
They do good fish and chips there too !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
May have seen you there Stu - we attended quite a few back before we had kids (so in the 2000s). Always a good crack and some good bands too.

Ah, Dracula. Now I get the Whitby connection, Stuz.
How did you get on with that Collie, any more thoughts, I see it was still for sale yesterday, or are you waiting to see if your lottery numbers come up this week to buy an expensive 100 ?

How did you get on with that Collie, any more thoughts...

Always wait til they relist and are still reeling from the disappointment of getting no bids the first time around. That's my strategy!

Mind you, I don't actually have the cash to buy it at the mo'. So, strategy doesn't really come into it.

By the same token someone else may buy it in the interim, but I appreciate your position, been there. You haven't reached destroyer position yet then ? lol.

By the same token someone else may buy it in the interim...

Well, I haven't got the cash to buy it at the moment anyway. Need to sell my van first... or rape the credit cards. So, letting the 1st auction run out and waiting to see if someone else buys it, or it gets relisted gives me a bit more time to ponder the logistics involved.

Ha! We did hang out at the Elsinore, good times...

Strictly Little Angel for us. Dammit! --just as we were getting on so well.

By the same token someone else may buy it in the interim

Someone did buy it. Only one bid at the start price of £3150. So may have got a nice deal there... or not, depending on wether they looked underneath or not.

In other news, I had someone buttonhole me in a supermarket carpark yesterday, asking if I wanted to sell mine. Second time it's happened since I moved up here. The first time, some random bloke had spotted it on the way past, parked near my house and came knocking on the door. Unfortunately my inherent honesty makes me point out that it'll need chassis welding, which tends to scare them off.

That was me, - do you want to buy it ?

You're right, always best to point out known faults, saves everyone's time and you then get serious buyers if they're still interested.

Back