Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who has a Compressor fitted??

Declan

Country Flag
ireland
Does anyone on here have an air compressor fitted to their 80 series? I have a small tank and regulator here and I’ll be getting a compressor soon.. where have people fitted them? Thinking of building a small box in the where the spare wheel should be or else up along the chassis rails?? Any info would help, thanks
0758574C-FA24-407C-B175-2C8F5B8EC6D3.png

I had an ARB version fitted for the air lockers on my Discovery and it would pump up a large tyre given the time. If you go this route and plan on doing some wading in deep water (I was at least a metre plus deep in the competitions I have entered) mine was fitted up under the bonnet as high as I could, I found water could enter the pump whether it was running or not and screw up the insides, ask me how I know!!

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
ARB twin compressor here. Linked to a 2 gallon tank. I later put in hard lines to the sides rather than one central take-off

P1010770.JPG

IMG_0691.jpg

I've never felt the need to hard wire one into the 80.....
I have a Vair 100% duty one with it's own small tank and will turn it's self off when it gets to pressure.....plenty enough air flow to pump up tyres when they have been aired down or punctured and even small tractor tyres like Massey 135 rears....
I have a small alloy tank that I can use to give a buffer when doing things like blowing out rads or air filters...
Beauty of this is it's transferable to another vehicle or can be carried to where the air is needed....

Back