Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Stripped out all plastics in the back and removed two rear windows. Fixed and resealed both external trims. I had to drill holes in back floor plan to get all the water out and resealed them! Off to carpetright tomorrow for a new interior, might get deep pile llama wool.....lol . Next weekend is a full strip out of seats,trims and all the rest of the gubbins, can't wait....... :lol:

Took 3 weekends and finally finished fitting the new engine block into the Volvo but the missfire is still there and the rear main seal (which I replaced as I did not want to risk it leaking) is leaking quite badly :angry-screaming: :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack:

At least I hope I have decent compression now, will do compression test tomorrow :pray:

Put the seats and carpets back into the 120. Much easier than I was expecting and only left with two screws. :whistle:

Oil and filters changed. Timing belt done. Props etc greased. Diff oil, transmission oil etc checked. Tmrw, rear pads and non leaking steering box to be fitted. :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Put some Brand spanking new Batteries on after my other one fell apart :D

so at least i know these will be good for me drive to Italy Next year.

Joe

Resealed windscreen because river crossings = dry feet. driving on the motorway in the rain = wet right foot.

Also reselaed the holes around the clips under rear windows.

decided to do it right this time - bought some arbomast from rejel.

so, couple of weeks ago I fitted a snorkel, last week I adjusted hand brake shoes, replaced both rear discs and pads, replaced drivers seat belt as it was fraying for mot on thurs, she passed with no advisories, also replaced clutch slave as it had failed due to wear, today I removed all components that make up a rear bumper and fitted TJM rear bumper, it's a 100 series version on a 80, so a few modifications needed but it fits just about perfect, only a few mountings not lining up but no hassle, just need to modify 2 brackets ;)

The way to get cones out is to tap them with a punch and hammer at right angles to the stud. Hitting the stud does nothing.

Frank

Not on my Land Cruiser, but I have a mother and child light unit in our front room which has a lot of use but as it has a 300w halogen lamp it uses a lot of electricity so when I spotted on eBay a 230v 80 LED panel I thought that would be much more economical :thumbup: but as the light unit had dimmers and they don't work with LED's :thumbdown: so when it arrived I temporarily connected the panel straight to a 13a socket, and bought a couple of 230v toggle switches to replace the double dimmer.
Right, as I am a qualfied electrician I would have no problem in converting it, yeah right :whistle: so today got to work rewiring, so live feed to connector block, check, :thumbup: looped to switches, check, :thumbup: neutral to connector block and to each lamp, check. :thumbup: switch wire to each switch, check, :thumbup: So switch on . . . . nothing :think: Now it had been working perfectly well when plugged direct so checked all connections (about six times) all OK :think: with all the double checking this had taken me most of the afternoon, finally checked the wires into the LED panel and found one loose, at last problem solved . . . . . . . . . . . nah! :angry-screaming: as a last possible option I checked the fuse in the 13a plug, yeah! you guessed it, it was blown :doh:

Cossack said:
Not on my Land Cruiser, but I have a mother and child light unit in our front room which has a lot of use but as it has a 300w halogen lamp it uses a lot of electricity so when I spotted on eBay a 230v 80 LED panel I thought that would be much more economical :thumbup: but as the light unit had dimmers and they don't work with LED's :thumbdown: so when it arrived I temporarily connected the panel straight to a 13a socket, and bought a couple of 230v toggle switches to replace the double dimmer.
Right, as I am a qualfied electrician I would have no problem in converting it, yeah right :whistle: so today got to work rewiring, so live feed to connector block, check, :thumbup: looped to switches, check, :thumbup: neutral to connector block and to each lamp, check. :thumbup: switch wire to each switch, check, :thumbup: So switch on . . . . nothing :think: Now it had been working perfectly well when plugged direct so checked all connections (about six times) all OK :think: with all the double checking this had taken me most of the afternoon, finally checked the wires into the LED panel and found one loose, at last problem solved . . . . . . . . . . . nah! :angry-screaming: as a last possible option I checked the fuse in the 13a plug, yeah! you guessed it, it was blown :doh:

A little advise Chas.....................Im NOT a electrican but,ALWAYS check the fuse first :lol: :lol:

karl webster said:
A little advise Chas.....................Im NOT a electrican but,ALWAYS check the fuse first :lol: :lol:
Well next time Karl, next time, but it worked fine yesterday so I thought it would be something I did today

Cossack said:
karl webster said:
Well next time Karl, next time, but it worked fine yesterday so I thought it would be something I did today

Ive done it many times mate. Spend hours trying to sort something then in the end go to the fuse. :doh:

Here's the finished job, it's amazing how much light comes from that 80 LED panel, the toggle switches were originally rotary knobs, quite pleased with the result.

Attachments

• DSCN0680.JPG
    DSCN0680.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN0681.JPG
    DSCN0681.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 139
need to fix my door mirror, it is shaking when driving, not sure how yet, it is tomorrows work

scalci said:
need to fix my door mirror, it is shaking when driving, not sure how yet, it is tomorrows work

I believe it is a small hole in the bottom of the mirror casing, phillips head screw driver and be gentle as there is plastic involved,
that's assuming it's the glass moving and not the whole mirror :thumbup:

Hi, yes it is only the glass moving. I must say I have not seen any hole. will look again ;)

Cossack said:
Here's the result.
I like that chair Chas
[attachment=0:3a9wfqdt]chair 1.jpg[/attachment:3a9wfqdt]
Looks really comfy.

Gra.

Attachments

• chair 1.jpg
    chair 1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 100
Graham said:
Cossack said:
Here's the result.
I like that chair Chas
[attachment=0:hv8ggrca]chair 1.jpg[/attachment:hv8ggrca]
Looks really comfy.

Gra.
Yes, it's about 10 yrs old now and as good as new and very comfy, there's a footstool off camera for when watching the TV. :thumbup:

Back