Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Will 80 series alloys fit 90

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Hi All,

Will the factory 16” 80 series alloys fit the 90 series? I think 90 is 7j and the 80 is 8j? Always like the 80 OEM wheel.

yup the 80 wheel is a zero offset 16x8 so brings the tyes out filling the arches much better . Its the size Toyota should have used on the 90 to begin with .

Thanks, so the 90 wheels have negative offset? Will the 8j causes rubbing at full lock?

90 wheels have a positive offset moving them in and away from the curb but no it shouldn't cause any issues unless your running much bigger than standard tyres

Thanks, the photo below is more or less the effect I wanted. Looks good...

Attachments

• 883C9B1D-78B7-411D-9F18-79E343A530EE.png
    883C9B1D-78B7-411D-9F18-79E343A530EE.png
    4 MB · Views: 166
That's Simon Rose's truck and mine behind it at Lincomb Farm. Just make sure you get the correct wheel nuts. There are two types of 80 wheel. Flanged nuts and cone nuts.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I really want that negative offset of the 80 wheels but prefer the look of the 90's and everyone I've spoken to say that all spacers are a big no no. Anyone have any experiences with them and what I could do? Just doesn't look right having the tyre's so tucked under the body.

Its a zero offset meaning no offset at all either way and an inch wider wheel . I doubt you will have problems running spacers on a 90 its plenty strong enough . Be aware though that if you go the spacer route its highly probable you will have to change the front wheel studs , nobody knows why most but not all the 90 series came with shorter studs on the front than the rear ?

80 wheels are probably the best looking factory 4x4 wheels Toyota ever produced but of course you might then need different tyres making it seem a rather expensive option ?

What is the stock tyre size for the 80? So to use the 80 wheels on the 90, you need to Change the original 80 tyre size as well?

Back