Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Will I need extended brake hoses after my suspension lift

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
before I go ahead & order a new pair of flexi brake hoses for Fiery after the MOT advisory I thought I'd better just ask the masses if I should be buying longer/extended ones while I'm @ it :?: :)

I know Tommo went 2" lift and the original hoses are fine.

If you need new though, why not get slightly longer braided ones made :?:

Mine was a 50mm lift and even when the rear axle is fully articulated there is still more than enough play in the hoses.

On my 120, with a 50mm lift, the brake hoses are just fine.

Graham

Cheers for all of the info guys nice one :thumbup:

Milners :) Never gave 'em a thought :roll: Popped into my local MF's this afternoon to be quoted £20 each for just two Lucas hoses :sick: Just had a look on Milners site & the two brake hoses + 4 clips + 500ml brake fluid + delivery + VAT £33.66 :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Be careful with Milners hoses, I had to fit two new front ones on my Surf earlier this year, compared the original and new hoses and the Milners one was about 1-1.5 inches shorter, not a problem in my case as I had no lift.

Mmmm..........Interesting :think: Maybe I'll give my local main stealer a call in the morning & see what price they want :) You never know they may be cheaper than Milners :D I wonder if it's a part that Ian could supply :?: :think: :)

Spoke with my local Yota dealers parts department & they have quoted me, wait for it..............

£62.66 for the flexi brake pipe :shock:

EACH :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

And that's with no brake fluid or new 'U' clips :!:

Brembo hoses from my local MF's are only £35 each & boggy standard Lucas ones are only £20 each :)

So called Milners had a chat about length & they've assured me that they will be exactly the same as my OME ones so have ordered them 2 x hoses, 4 x 'U' clips & 500ml of fluid delivered to mine for tomorrow £33.66 the lot :dance:

I'll let you know if they are correct when they land :thumbup:

The Hilux Mk3 Braded ones from Roughtrax's are about 20mm longer from memory and fit perfect with NO modification....

My standard hoses were fine - but the braded ones seem better.......

Dave

2" OME suspension lift with springs and no need to change something to the hoses..
2" body lift and no need to change or to extend the hoses..
have a lot of clearance..

DING DONG :!: :D

Delivery from Milners less than 24hrs after placing my order :thumbup: :D

PA190685.jpg

2 x flexi hoses (check)

4 x brake hose 'U' clips (check)

1 x 500ml brake fluid (check)

Are flexi hoses the same length as OME ones (check & check) :dance: :dance: :dance:

And all for half the price of a single hose from the Yota main dealers :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you Milners :thumbup: :clap: :D (if your watching)

Attachments

• PA190685.jpg
    PA190685.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 78
Hi, I recently had an mot on my colorado and they reported that my front brake flexi hoses were looking weak/cracked. So I phoned the Toyota parts dept and ouch £58.00 each. So having fitted goodridge braided hoses to various vehicles in the past I gave them a call... but they don't make them for the colorado, but they said they could make them if I gave them the sizes/ends etc. so not to be beaten I phoned Euro car parts...... who sell them in Pagid for £6.00 each which I thought was worryingly cheap, they could supply the four hoses but not the fifth rear hose from chassis to axle in the centre. I managed to get the dimensions for this hose and sent them (The Pagid hoses) off to Goodridge who made me five braided hoses at cost to me for £18.00. And for that extra bit of sadness they made them green to match. I don't know what they are going to retail at, but they are now available and the part no is STY0696-5P-CF. I fitted them yesterday and they fit really well, phew. They are really helpful and if you needed to make them longer I cant see it being a problem.

hi Wayne do you have any contact details for the place where you got them from by any chance

Hello Wayne, was that £18 for five hoses? That seems very good value if it is. :mrgreen:

Hi Matt. Yes it was cheap and no you won't get them for that. Its because Goodridge couldn't supply hoses for the Colorado as they had no information on the hoses, Until now. Now they do and can retail them out to any one. They made them for me at cost, and can add the Toyota Landcruiser colorado to there list. But remember I had a lot of messing around and I had to buy four Padgid hoses. I hope that's answered your question.

Well mine were cheap from Milners @ just £7.50 each :D Now all fitted & in use :thumbup:

PA210680.jpg

Attachments

• PA210680.jpg
    PA210680.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 63
Hi - where did you get 5 hoses on the Truck, there were only 3 to replace on my 90 series???

I used http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=156&vid=1132

The Kit cliams to be for a Hi-Lux, but is exactly the right ends just the rear pipe is about 25mm longer (not a problem and maybe a good idea with Lift)... Seem perfic on mine. Gonna have to go check for other flexible hoses now LoL

Oh yeah they are made by Goodridge as well... So by the looks of things the fronts and the centre rear pipe are the same as the Hi Lux, that would have saved a bit of work. But maybe the Hi Lux doesn't have the two rear hoses from the rear calipers. :o

Back