Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

will my 24v 80 run on bio?

L

LandCruiser1978

I have seen a sign at the end of my road advertising BIO DIESEL at £1 a litre
I've just text the number asking about filtering and they have replied saying they filter to 1 micron

Now if i bought some how could i check if it's decent or garbage ?
And would my LC run fine on it?

Ask about their process and how much they sell. Speak to some other clients of theirs who have been using it for the longed time and see what they say.

It'll run fine if it's pared right, much smoother and quieter on the pump. Mpg will be down a bit.

I wouldnt even if it is ok, veg oil would be the better option

geordie_boy1978 said:
Now if i bought some how could i check if it's decent or garbage ?
Your 80 should be ok on quality bio - as many members here can attest. One test is to buy a sample and stick it in your fridge for 24 hours and check for water separation and/or clouding. If it remains clear, you could run a blend of derv and bio - maybe 75:25 to start and build your way up to 50:50 if you have no issues. Expect to change your fuel filter quite soon after running some bio as it cleans out the fuel lines and tank and the gunge can blind the filter, giving fuel starvation symptoms. A filter change will see you right ;)

J66P said:
I wouldnt even if it is ok, veg oil would be the better option
Why? Bio diesel is processed veg oil with water and nasties removed/converted. Curious why ok bio diesel should not be used and veg oil with its inherent water content is a better option?

Cheers

Andrew Prince said:
One test is to buy a sample and stick it in your fridge for 24 hours and check for water separation and/or clouding. If it remains clear, you could run a blend of derv and bio - maybe 75:25 to start and build your way up to 50:50 if you have no issues.

Good idea

Just filled my cruiser today with diesel and it was £130 :o
Deffo need to lower my fuel costs or the cruiser im affraid will have to go :( :(

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
well im gonna get some when i have done 200 miles and used up some of the full tank

Will put a litre in ther fridge over night
and if it doesn't turn into a lump of lard and full of water

i'll top the tank back up

I think it'l take 30 -35 litres to fill it up

I use bio from time to time when i do a deal with a chap with my waste oil gunk that i carnt do anything with. I would run it 100% in summer and maybe 70% bio 30% diesel colder times. Bio from what i have seen just makes the engine smoke at first start up then clear v soon after.

Karl

Back