Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Will there be a 2019 calendar?

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Well it's not really for me to say, but I have compiled every one pretty much since we started. There's been some stunning pictures on the forum this year that really deserve to be included if we do. I am biased this year and any shot of a Cruiser anywhere in Russia is likely to be included. In fact we could just make it a Russia only calendar. Ok let's not do that.

The idea of the calendar is to capture the spirit of the Cruiser and their owners using the vehicle out there in the world. Yes that might include doing the school run, but trust me if you submit a picture of yours full of shopping outside Tesco, it simply isn't going to be included. People ask why we have the fairly strict criteria? Well it's really about making it easier to judge. We get a lot of really good pics as you can all see from the past calendars and often there's too many good ones making a choice hard. So, as always, it's one vehicle in shot. No people milling around making tea, some sort of background, setting etc. No arty shots of simply a headlight. Doors closed. No wheelie bins ... We want 40's 80's 120's 50's well actually no, not 50's. 60's 90's etc etc

Look you get the idea. But if you don't then don't be surprised again if you don't make the cut. This is the sort of shot that's going to get you in...I'm thinking September ...Actually I might just put that one on all 12 months. I'd buy it!

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.37.25.jpg

So no need to put your pics up yet. I'll start a thread called 2019 calendar submissions as long as there's sufficient interest for a print run. I'm trying to be a bit earlier this year as I know we've run out in the past.

Good idea Chris, I'll start looking for a suitable pic.

So really nothing like this picture then
20180325_105830.jpg

That's a winner right there Stu

Well it's not really for me to say, but I have compiled every one pretty much since we started. There's been some stunning pictures on the forum this year that really deserve to be included if we do. I am biased this year and any shot of a Cruiser anywhere in Russia is likely to be included. In fact we could just make it a Russia only calendar. Ok let's not do that.

The idea of the calendar is to capture the spirit of the Cruiser and their owners using the vehicle out there in the world. Yes that might include doing the school run, but trust me if you submit a picture of yours full of shopping outside Tesco, it simply isn't going to be included. People ask why we have the fairly strict criteria? Well it's really about making it easier to judge. We get a lot of really good pics as you can all see from the past calendars and often there's too many good ones making a choice hard. So, as always, it's one vehicle in shot. No people milling around making tea, some sort of background, setting etc. No arty shots of simply a headlight. Doors closed. No wheelie bins ... We want 40's 80's 120's 50's well actually no, not 50's. 60's 90's etc etc

Look you get the idea. But if you don't then don't be surprised again if you don't make the cut. This is the sort of shot that's going to get you in...I'm thinking September ...Actually I might just put that one on all 12 months. I'd buy it!

View attachment 150118

So no need to put your pics up yet. I'll start a thread called 2019 calendar submissions as long as there's sufficient interest for a print run. I'm trying to be a bit earlier this year as I know we've run out in the past.

I'd be tempted to buy the Russia trip calendar Cris, it spawned some stunning photos ... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Laning and camping next weekend, I'll have to see what I can come up with :icon-biggrin:

How about an action shot at the Berkshire 4x4 show a few years back?

Almost at the limit.jpg

That's more than a few years ago Chas!

I'll put up a thread for photos at some point. Please don't stick them all in this thread. Anyway, there's clearly some livestock in the background and we can't have that.

I don't give a stuff about all that DNGSR or whatever it's called now, but keeping people's faces out of the shots means that we don't infringe anyone civil insensibilities.

You've really committed to that corner there Chas!
It was a figure of 8 course x 2, timed with one vehicle at a time. I don't know how long the course was, the fastest time was a tricked up Range Rover in 1 min 38 secs, I did it in 1 min 48 secs, I was quite pleased with that. :dance:

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, the tricked up Range Rover rolled it on a second run trying to improve on his time, serves him right! :laughing-rolling:
You’d have probably done better without the pendulum roof tent atop. Mind you those folks you had pushing on the side keeping it upright must’ve helped. :lol:

Here you go, on top of the Picos Mountains looking down on the mist in the vally, just a couple of weeks ago!
20181021_110911.jpg

Back