Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winch for 95

I would say not tbh, but it sure will help a lot

My 90 had a Warn 9500 with a Bowmotor 2 on it, this was plenty good enough to pull the truck

My 90 had a Warn 9500 with a Bowmotor 2 on it, this was plenty good enough to pull the truck

Seen an 80 series with a 9000lb winch the other day, seemed happy with it. Figured a 78oolb might be ok for a 95.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also is there a rule of thumb regarding weight of vehicle and winch specs?

Never really thought about this before, have had winches but they were always on the truck when I got it, so never bothered to find out.

Seen an 80 series with a 9000lb winch the other day, seemed happy with it. Figured a 78oolb might be ok for a 95.
as I said it will help loads only time it won't be big enough is if you have a dead truck with no drive

When we spec winches we go with 4 x vehicle weight. 2 x is pretty normal but if you're wanting to ensure you have the power to pull out on a near vertical or overcome mud suction etc it's just always been our preference to over spec... Similar to SWLs always being way under actual rating (break rating).

Other major thing to consider is quality... By which I don't mean go with most expensive or best known etc. But go with what you trust.

^^^^ what he said. I'd also recommend the extra for plasma rope over wire - easier to handle, lighter, less dangerous if it does happen to snap...

Oh - and of course it depends what you need it for - for recovery and general use you'll get away with a slower winch - some of the cheaper ones are painfully slow, you certainly want to use one in any kind of off road competition...

Back