Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

winch mount build..90 series.

Danny b

Country Flag
uk
Hi, as I have pics along the way I thought I would share my winch mount build, in time it will become a full bumper.

Just needs bolt hikes drilling though chassis legs on final fitment.

IMAG1773.jpg IMAG1777.jpg IMAG1780.jpg
IMAG1783.jpgIMAG1807.jpg

Reactions: Sag
That's really neat, recovery points and all.

Good looking welds too, like it!

Thanks guys, sprayed it black along with the undertrays I repaired earlier. More pics tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it all fitted. Roof rack will be next big fabrication project.

Just a thought, I see several drain holes, but I'd recommend some drilled diagonally along the vertical folds, to allow drainage to wash out mud that's bound to collect.

I have drain holes in the base of mine, but it's suffering a lot of rust now due to it holding mud & water in the corners.

I'd make them about 1/2" diameter at least, and at 6" - 8" intervals all around. I'm sure it won't weaken the structure. When you jet-wash the tray, it will aid the water-flow to wash out the mud. JMHO.

A clumsy attempt to show what I mean...

110176-dc8ebf10f87ef66fbe121efa76158237_LI (2).jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's a good point Clive, don't want any holes in the front but might add the rear ones.. shame it's painted now...ha ha.

That's a good point Clive, don't want any holes in the front but might add the rear ones.. shame it's painted now...ha ha.

It is a shame, but I'd still recommend it. I have drains in the bottom of mine as you do now, but there's a strange phenomenon that prevents the wash-out of sand and mud, most of it seems to run straight over a horizontal hole, where it flows through the ones in the corner.

A sharp drill and immediate paint should protect it OK...

It's something you'll never do after final fitment, that's for sure.

Progress this evening, got the winch bolted in the tray and bumper fitted back on. Planning to use the Colorado for a trip to Blackpool over Christmas so doubtful I will get the winch wired and rope fitted until the new year.
Any battery suggestions and wire diagrams between the two batteries?

IMAG1883.jpg

thats looks really nice,

can i have one please, as that is one i need too sort out when it's a bit warmer

thats looks really nice,

can i have one please, as that is one i need too sort out when it's a bit warmer
You never know when it's a bit warmer I might make a full bumper so this will be looking for a new home.
Had first drive tonight with suspension upgrade and bigger wheel/tyre combo.

IMAG1890.jpg

That a nice looking truck you have there. I do like the winch mount you made. Something to be said for the stealth look.

Cheers, mark

That a nice looking truck you have there. I do like the winch mount you made. Something to be said for the stealth look.

Cheers, mark
Thanks Mark. I planning to go Yarwell on Sunday so the winch will probably get a good testing, looking forward to test out the capabilities of the truck too.

Sounds like fun Danny. Hopefully you might get a couple of action shots of it all at work

Cheers, Mark

No ifs or buts Danny that's the best one i've seen on a 90 , and i like your technical approach the job :thumbup:

Back