Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winching trucks in the snow…and more.

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
I’ve been watching quite a few of this guy’s work videos as big truck heavy recovery in the states while I’ve been couch ridden with man flu over the holidays. Fabulous truck and clearly bags of experience. This is probably most relevant to what we might encounter so have a look at his other vids recovering lorries and all sorts in all manner of grief.

A bit more interesting and easier to see.

I’ll bet he was popular with his boss getting stuck like that! Loads of room to make the turn, what a dorkus!
I think the truck is charged out at something like $250 an hour from base so I expect the drivers have to pay if it’s their fault.

Last edited:
Interesting to see how they put this truck and trailer back on it’s wheels. A possible scenario for a loaded overlanding 4x4.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That’s a big hit for a driver
Yep. I’m only guessing mind as it would be down to their employer. There’s been some with owner operators that have just had some bad luck where he’s said to basically have a chat with the company. Sounds like they’re pretty fair where they can be and this guy doesn’t hang around. I seem to remember him saying the truck was around an $800k investment so needs to be earning well to cover that. The wrap and signwriting was $7k. On another he says this isn’t even the top spec truck as there’s a further Controls pack that gives weights over and above what he has. I think as it stands it’s a great piece of kit. Insurance must also be pretty steep.

Yep. I’m only guessing mind as it would be down to their employer. There’s been some with owner operators that have just had some bad luck where he’s said to basically have a chat with the company. Sounds like they’re pretty fair where they can be and this guy doesn’t hang around. I seem to remember him saying the truck was around an $800k investment so needs to be earning well to cover that. The wrap and signwriting was $7k. On another he says this isn’t even the top spec truck as there’s a further Controls pack that gives weights over and above what he has. I think as it stands it’s a great piece of kit. Insurance must also be pretty steep.
Tbh I think his hourly rate is quite cheap for that. Think of his investment etc and he’s gotta be really doing the hours at that rate to make it pay.

Exactly. I could well have heard wrong as it does seem pretty reasonable for such a piece of kit. It’s his to drive but he doesn’t own it.

That was a sweet job they did, no drama, no over-rotating, very nicely controlled. He was pleased with it too :lol:

Back