Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Window master switch problem.

Pixie

Country Flag
uk
Hi, can anybody help me please. My drivers door window master switch is playing up. My window and door lock buttons work, but all 4 buttons that operate the windows does not. I have plugged a new unit in with the same result. The individual window buttons located on the other 3 doors all work perfectly. Could this be a fuse problem? If so can someone point me in the direction of finding the correct fuse please. Or of course any other suggestions gratefully recieved. Thank you in advance.
IMG_1134.jpeg

Dont know about the 90, but on the 120 after the battery has been disconnected you need to operate the switch on each door all the way down and all the way up, before the drivers switches will work.

Wouldn't explain why your drivers window doesnt work at all though.

I had broken wires in the harness between the driver's door and the A pillar and that caused window and central locking issues, could be worth checking.

Dont know about the 90, but on the 120 after the battery has been disconnected you need to operate the switch on each door all the way down and all the way up, before the drivers switches will work.

Wouldn't explain why your drivers window doesnt work at all though.
I have just tried this with no luck, and as you say it wouldn’t explain the drivers window. I haven’t had the batteries disconnected either but I was told to try it because I had disconnected the master switches in the drivers door to try a new one.

I had broken wires in the harness between the driver's door and the A pillar and that caused window and central locking issues, could be worth checking.
Yes, This i guess is my next move although I’m guessing there are 4 wires, one for each switch with the amount of pins in the unit’s plug. Someone suggested it could be the common earth wire, although (and I’m no mechanic) you would think the common earth would also be for the window lock and door lock buttons which weirdly still work. I would like to also try the fuse but have no clue where it is located. I have looked at the fuses under the steering wheel and all look ok, so I’m wondering if it is elsewhere but have no idea where to start looking. For the life of me I can’t find any fuse diagrams on the internet.

Last edited:
Think this is a broken wire or similar, most of the power accessories like locks, windows, mirrors are protected by the POWER fuse in the integration relay (by the drivers knee).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'd be surprised if it was a fuse as the windows work from the switches on the other doors. As AdventureWagon says it is fuse 30 in the dash panel fuses.

Fuses 2.jpeg

This kind of thing drives me nuts and my blunt way of thinking would have me disconnect batteries assuming windows are included in whole immobilizer security wizardry that i will never try to understand .

Removing the batteries for a little while has the system fall out with your key fob so you have to hold lock and unlock buttons down for 30 seconds to resynch .

Might accidentally fix it :confusion-shrug:

This kind of thing drives me nuts and my blunt way of thinking would have me disconnect batteries assuming windows are included in whole immobilizer security wizardry that i will never try to understand .

Removing the batteries for a little while has the system fall out with your key fob so you have to hold lock and unlock buttons down for 30 seconds to resynch .

Might accidentally fix it :confusion-shrug:
It is driving me nuts haha. Yes your suggestion is worth a try. Kinda turning it off and on again . Thank you.

Failing that it might be worth inspecting the drivers door loom particularly the joint between the door and the body. The rubber on some of mine have rotted out

Thank you all for your help. I managed to fix it. 4 wires needed replacing with a donor section of about 8 inches so the joins could be either side of the door closure. Thought I had bit off more than I could chew but got there in the end. Window working perfectly and I managed to silicone the runner beneath so it’s better than ever. So once again thank you ps yes that is a hair clip being used to hold the wires and who knew a sewing unpicker is perfect for removing old electrical tape without damaging any wires beneath lol

Attachments

• IMG_4315.jpeg
    IMG_4315.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4313.jpeg
    IMG_4313.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 23
Back