Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Windows tight in damp weather

essexpete

Country Flag
uk
Evening all. An old chestnut I know, but has anyone got a good tip for improving how the windows slide in damp weather?

New window rubber channels, did the trick for me. Windows go up and down lovely, they are still available. Nothing else really works properly. Chapel Gate sells them...

I spray the inside of the slider rails and wipe down all the channels with with GT85.

The cheap option that should work well typically needs dry weather or a shed , but if you remove the rubber soak it in silicone oil and seal it in an airtight bag overnight it will undoubtedly improve elasticity . How long the improvement might last i don't know .

After trying new window rubbers, silicone etc over theyears without any real improvement I went to the Milner 4 x 4 site and bought new lift mechanisms for both front wuindows. That was 3 winters ago and they work like a dream, here's the link: Window Motors & Regulators - Milner Off Road Ltd. - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] My truck's a 96 4.5 petrol, so you may wish to amend the search criteria but I would have thought that they would be the same across the range.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back