Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiper Motor Removal

fesuvious

Hello!

I am after a small piece of advice please.

The wiper motor on my LC80 seems to have given up. There is voltage at the motor, but alas it wont move on any setting, although if I give it a tap with my hand the arms will move a tiny bit.

Anyway, After the four bolts are undone the motor is still connected to the linkage - is there a technique for the removal or does the entire panel have to be removed?

Advice gratefully received..

Last edited:
Hi fesuvious,
The wiper motor has a short arm with a ball joint on the end of it, this should pop out of the socket on the end of the wiper linkage with a little leverage.
Think of it as twisting it out.
I sometimes use a large flat bladed screwdriver to do this if there is not enough room to articulate the ball far enough to pop it out.
Hope this helps you.

Thanks!

Motor brushes seem to be knackered.
After phoning round and searching - and getting CRAZY prices for a replacement unit......I'm going to go see a leccy engineer on monday and see if the brushes can be replaced.

Here's hoping

'Oh paging Mr Webster'

Chap here needs a wiper motor.

Check out our very own parts saviour Mr Karl Webster. I am sure that he could help you. His website is underneath his signature here.

Chris

Come on that's a bit lazy. I gave you his name - Karl Webster and his website is in his signature. If you type Karl Webster into the white search box at the top right of the page, you'll find him :icon-rolleyes:
If he can't help you immediately, he'll hook you up with someone. I don't think I have a spare anywhere.

http://www.landcruiserparts.co.uk

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hah, wouldn't you know it would be on the last page!

Great forum here, seldom does a question go unanswered. No matter what, there has always been someone up the same creek before you.

Chris

yes, the last damn page ! Although it did give me a chance to get thoroughly 'gen'd up' on his website!

Karl's a star. Everyone's saviour at some stage!

Back