Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiper Rubber

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi

Can anyone recommend a supplier and product that they have used for wiper rubber? I don't want to replace the entire assembly, just pull the rubber strip out and feed in a new one.

This is for the 105.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a supplier and product that they have used for wiper rubber? I don't want to replace the entire assembly, just pull the rubber strip out and feed in a new one.

This is for the 105.
for around 2 quid you can buy 2 x 24'' silicone wiper blades on ebay that you can cut to size , they last much longer than rubber as they dont rip as easy or wear as quick ,they are said to last many years before they need changing . only problem is they come from China so take about a month to arrive .

Hi

This is for the 105.
Almost unbelievable. They are still available from Toyota. .

https://coh-baines.co.uk

Maybe worth a try but most people just change the unit as so cheap anyway

I got a set that are supposedly ok for a 100 but it didn't fit the 105, it was about half an inch to long and would make contact with the to of the windscreen frame. Sent that back to roughtrax.

I got a set that are supposedly ok for a 100 but it didn't fit the 105, it was about half an inch to long and would make contact with the to of the windscreen frame. Sent that back to roughtrax.
Sent me a picture mate. I had to convert mine

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just went to the local car parts supplier with the wiper and asked them for some rubbers to fit. Cost about £3.

Mines a 105 too, although the exciting thing about 105's is that there seems to be no standardisation so you never really know what you've got on your truck, and there's no manual to look in, so its a case of spending hours on the internet only to end up back where you started.....

I changed to the retrofit Bosch frameless one’s a while back and have changed every one on every car now as they are just so much better. Are there cheaper alternatives on eBay? Yep but then it’s not too difficult to better Halfords prices. No idea on longevity yet as they haven’t died yet. If there’s a silicone replacement for the blade in these I might be tempted to refill if indeed that’s possible.

I changed to the retrofit Bosch frameless one’s a while back and have changed every one on every car now as they are just so much better. Are there cheaper alternatives on eBay? Yep but then it’s not too difficult to better Halfords prices. No idea on longevity yet as they haven’t died yet. If there’s a silicone replacement for the blade in these I might be tempted to refill if indeed that’s possible.
a bit off topic, but some prices are pretty good a Halfwits with a trade card.

Back