Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiring front end fog lights

AdamAp2021

Country Flag
australia
Hello everyone, I’m posting on here because I can’t seem to find a solution to my problem today. I want to wire my fog lights directly into the harness’s that come on the car originally. However I’m unable to find and adapters online which suit. Has anyone had this same problem or can give advice on hard wiring? I don’t want them to be on a relay I just want them on with full beam. They also come with park and blinker terminals which I’m unsure where exactly they need to be wired too. Any help would be great

Thank you

Attachments

• D4F5A7B1-05A4-461F-A6C7-29F0B6D71825.jpeg
    D4F5A7B1-05A4-461F-A6C7-29F0B6D71825.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 78
  • CDF004D4-AFC1-409B-9DD0-A11D1F6A0DE7.jpeg
    CDF004D4-AFC1-409B-9DD0-A11D1F6A0DE7.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 75
  • AAD8B888-F667-4805-BF7F-A298851ABCCF.jpeg
    AAD8B888-F667-4805-BF7F-A298851ABCCF.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 74
Every possibility that the wiring loom is there for everything, but the stalk will be different, in that your one doesn't have the fog light twist ring on it. Simple solution might be to get a stalk, widely available online, and then tag into the harness. It will work as manufactured then. Going off the headlights without a relay will just put strain on the wiring and might pop fuses. The wiring is very small diameter so extra load brings heat too.

Is it not a possibility to wire the fog lights into the high beams? So that they will only come on when using high beam? I have a roof mounted light bar however this DOES have a relay and switch in the cab. So only has load when turned on

As Bob said previously about tapping into thin Toyota wiring, a relay will be required.
Main beam or anywhere else, there is extra load involved, which is not advisable for his reasons given.
Why would anyone want fog lights on with main beam anyway ?

Exactly, and in fog where the fog lights would be trying to give some vision, the main beam would be reflecting back and negating it. MOT man would have an orgasm !!
I've just seen where the OP's from, different rules ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The fog lights that I have come with a parking light and blinker in the same unit. Where as I know how to wire a relay, and have a seperate switch for the fog lights in the cab. I was unsure on where to wire the two extra wires for blinker and parking light. I was just hoping it would be a case of a wiring harness. Im sure this is probably very simple for someone experienced with auto electrics. I’ve found it a difficult issue to get specific information on

There won't be a plug in solution for this, as what you have described is very much an aftermarket unit. Aside from the wiring of it, I personally can't see the benefit of having parking and indicator lights in the fog light position on a 90. The benefit of the truck from that regard is how high up the lights are and that aids visibility.

If the others were LED, then I would say just tap into the factory wiring for the main parking and indicator lights, the draw will be very small.

Hi Adam

I was planning the exact same and hope will still get to,

But I measured that outlet the other day and from my quick assessment, they have power full 12v all the time when engine running suggesting they are for some Other purpose than switches lights……… but there are a few connectors located there so maybe I picked the wrong one for fog light harness…….

They are tucked up behind the main headlight anyways…..

I’ll check again and get back to you….

Back