Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

World Cruiser 1 Toms

AndrewJM

Country Flag
uk
I am looking at the Toyota Landcruiser Series 78 2013 for sale at Nene Overland, and would like to know if anybody here knows the history of this vehicle, showing 33500 kilometres, what should I be looking out for, is the price where it should be? any help would be much appreciated.

It might be worth your using the forums search function because I'm inclined to think Nene has a reputation for going bust and restarting so as to avoid warranty commitments .

I might be wrong , i hope i'm wrong but i have never dealt with Nene myself so my suspicion could only have come from something i read on this forum .

My knowledge of Nene amounts to stay well clear of them, and if you do go near them don't trust a word they say. Verify everything, and be careful!

Wow Nene Overland doesn’t sound reliable does anyone know this Landcruiser?

EE248124-D851-4259-9F9A-CD96E718A030.jpeg
1910AC31-AF75-41FC-A967-E0E9C4A02F3F.jpeg
56AFBB6D-2E2B-4039-ADBD-69884110F047.jpeg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For comparison

Are they not willing to put you in touch with its original owner?

Nene also tend to grossly overprice their vehicles. I wouldn’t (didn’t!) buy a Troopy or anything else from them. To compare prices have a look on Mobile.de and also worth looking over in South Africa.

Have asked about the original owner but they are not giving me their details, also been looking on Mobile.de for similar vehicles but after Brexit its not as easy to import as before, but I may go down that route if the right land cruiser turns up.

Just seen they want 70 grand !

Maybe you should be asking alu-cab or the likes for quotes to convert your own truck .

Yep crazy money, similar pricing in Germany also spoken to Toms about availability on a new build but looking at 2 plus years for a build slot.

I’ve just been through the whole exercise, Looking at UK (I think this vehicle) Europe, South Africa and Australia. I ended up importing a vehicle from Dubai.
What do you want? An already built unit or a blank to do it your way? A good fully built came up in South Africa just after I purchased mine, there are quite a few for sale through the TOA page on FB and the prices are not always stupid. I spoke to Patrick at Nestle in Germany and he has GRJ78’s pretty much ex-stock, Middle East imports again but a quicker delivery if you’re in a hurry.

With regard to getting service items and maintenance parts where is the best to get them, looking over the vehicle I can see the front swivels need new seals so will need to get a service kit.

Have you been to see the vehicle? Nene post pictures takes years ago .. guess how I know.

Thursday morning will be my first visit to Nene, hoping the car is good, but I have the feeling Nene Overland is not liked here.

I went to see a car that was shown as mint in pictures, only to find it parked in a field, rusting away - it had been sitting there for years!

Hope you have better luck, but across the board Nene isn't liked either for the quality of their work, their prices or their product's.

Its not a question of like or dislike

Landcruiser is synonymous with overland travel and there are few in the UK who specialize in such vehicles and nobody wants to see you regret your purchase .

The truck itself might be good but with no guarantees of dealer backup I would strongly advise you take someone very familiar with cruisers along with you for any viewing .

Back