Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Worth a look. Early 95 12v manual

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
For a change it's not out in the boonies. VX with cloth.

If this were good underneath it could be worth grabbing. UK stock is running lower as we know. And you can't be as choosy anymore. What ever you buy it's going to need work. Unless you hold out for a 'barn find' or have very deep pockets.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-La...d=100005&prg=1048&rk=1&rkt=3&sd=111241159172&

Outwardly, I d say this one had quite a bit going for it. Looking for an 80? This could be it. If you buy it and change your mind, it'd sell the next day.

Annoyingly someone could have bought that for 2k less about 2 months ago. I had a chat with the original seller and he seemed straight, the only real problem is the classic gearbox synchro one between 3/2nd.

Didn't view it because it had no air con but would have only for that.

Yes I noticed it didn't have air con. Another thing - could just be me, but isn't the rad cap on the wrong side? Or is that std for a 12v manual?

Thats where mine is chris as you have the expansion bottle near the Offside battery.
I thought that a 95 vx would be leather and have air con. I thought it was only the pre 92 vx that was cloth and no air con. It doesnt look like it has abs either which i would have expected it to have.
Stu

Bit of an enigma this one. Does seem to have heated seats. The headlamp washers are broken off. Not sure the sunroof is factory. I can't see the sliding louvre.

Yes I noticed it didn't have air con. Another thing - could just be me, but isn't the rad cap on the wrong side? Or is that std for a 12v manual?

Strange this observation, my expansion bottle is in the same place, but my rad cap is in the middle...:think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine has heated seats as well but its a 91 so no air con, abs and cloth. just right for me. Saw a couple of pictures on IHA8MUD and there was a 80 in the middle east with a bench seat in the front which was pretty cool and another 80 with manual windows which would be a nice conversion to get ride of the crappy electical ones.
stu

I think it may be a early one that was inported in to the k in 95 so would have been given a 95 plate.
stu

I think it may be a early one that was inported in to the k in 95 so would have been given a 95 plate.
stu

Pretty sure it's date of 1st registration, not date of import. Otherwise my J reg 80 would be a V reg.

It's got factory fitted fogs and the rear row of seats, so don't think it's a Jap import.

(There's a phone of the boot with the rear row of seats in, but all the other pictures the seats have been removed.)

Think the rear windows open as well, but difficult to be sure from the pictures. And got front and rear lockers.

Looks like the rear tailgate might have some rust bubbling under the bottom of the glass.

Top of that radiator does look a bit odd, but I'm too lazy to go and check what it looks like on either of mine.

not all imports get an age related plate I have seen cars that are on alot newer plate then they should be. This couls have been sold in say Ireland in 91 then brought to the uk in 95 and been given the reg of a 95 vehicle i know its not a jap import but 'Could' have come from somewhere with similar specs to ours here.
Calling Andy to confirm what was in each year as he has them ALL covered.
Stu

My rad cap is on the right.

and mine is a VX manual with cloth and no aircon

93-95 VX 80 manuals came with cloth and no air con as standard. That truck is a base VX UK Cruiser without optional air con. If you bought an auto VX it came with leather and air con as standard.
Thats it!!

Andy

I knew you would clear that up Andy Thanks
Stu

Just up the road from me, when i was looking for my quattro i went there to look at one, far different to it's description !!!!!!

Back