Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Worth repairing? Spun into crash barrier.

thestud

Country Flag
australia
fzj105, part where the bullbat mounts to the chassis looks rusted, can't tell how bad it is rn. Currently at a smash repairs, quoted $1,300 for current panels re-bent and bull bar removed (so I can drive it back home).

How much would you expect for a full repair (new panels, rust repair ect.) and would it be worth fixing or selling for parts and buying another.

PS; am pretty attached to this car and would love to keep it another 10 years+

Attachments

• 66432421452__0C0BE575-2D41-413F-A33A-2C87319F8542.jpeg
    66432421452__0C0BE575-2D41-413F-A33A-2C87319F8542.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 55
  • 66432422345__FD79583C-3676-41FC-9564-B8F41B92DECD.jpeg
    66432422345__FD79583C-3676-41FC-9564-B8F41B92DECD.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 57
Difficult to tell from the pics, but assuming the chassis isn't bent then I can't see any reason you wouldn't repair it - I don't know what the Oz market is like, but finding another good one to replace it would be a major PITA over here!

I had one similar a few years back. The ends of the chaise had gone over. Take bumper off and have a good look around. It would straighten I'd have though though

Looking at the second picture with the bumper position and the wing gap I’d say the chassis is bent, it would be good to assess if it’s bent just at the ends of the chassis legs or further back and pushing the engine and transmission out of line.
Of course you’ll be able to have it repaired by a good body shop and it’ll likely cost a bit but if it’s a good truck then that’s probably better than taking a chance on finding another good replacement

Difficult to tell from the pics, but assuming the chassis isn't bent then I can't see any reason you wouldn't repair it - I don't know what the Oz market is like, but finding another good one to replace it would be a major PITA over here!
Yea phone was flat at the time hence the shitty photos, getting the chassis measured (i'm pretty sure the very front is bent). But landcrusiers are a dime a dozen here in Aus so doubt that will be an issue.

But landcrusiers are a dime a dozen here in Aus so doubt that will be an issue.
just rub that one into us, we are fighting over the last few good ones here, then it’s what’s the best of the rust….

good luck hope it’s not so bad!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Your car seems like little damage to what Happened to myother car couple of years ago, Passenger side everything below headlight was broken n gone. I could only see tyre, solid iron and parts hanging beside tyre. Ignorance is bliss. I didn’t knew that Chasis could bend or all that could ve happened. I didn’t have time n faith on Insurance and I love my car so gave to a garage and requested them to make it look like before and they did. 4 years after, I still have it and going strong. I still have the car with which we all have many memories.

Your car seems like little damage to what Happened to myother car couple of years ago, Passenger side everything below headlight was broken n gone. I could only see tyre, solid iron and parts hanging beside tyre. Ignorance is bliss. I didn’t knew that Chasis could bend or all that could ve happened. I didn’t have time n faith on Insurance and I love my car so gave to a garage and requested them to make it look like before and they did. 4 years after, I still have it and going strong. I still have the car with which we all have many memories.
Ended up getting it repaired (still yet to pick it up it's about 3 hours away from where I live). Got pretty lucky, only 1300 AUD in repairs. Good to hear yours is still holding up well. Was there much damage to the engine/driveline that you know of? That's still up in the air for me. Cheers

Luckily nothing happened to engine and driveline. I drove it to garage. Don’t remember exactly what all I changed but was about 4-5000£ in total.

Back