Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Would you?

Absolutely not no , if it appealed tome then i'd look for a 4x4 campervan instead which might get as many places and be more stable whilst doing it .

There's a lot to be said for something which is ready to drive away and use. As the back is nowhere as heavy as it looks I think they are more stable than they appear.

I quite like that actually - seems a lot of truck for £19k, given the work involved. I'd see it as a step up from my 4x4 Sprinter.... unfortunately too small for 4 of us though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thats why i looked for one with the price tag attached .

The camper that started this thread turns me off because as well done as it appears to be it just doesn't fit the vehicle , remove the truck bed and bolt a caravan minus the wheels on instead you get the same thing with a tailor made interior .

@Shayne @Mick W
I love the Unimog, fantastic truck.... Originally, about 13 years ago, the Unimog was my first choice for an overland vehicle. Nearly 18 months of research, even talking direct to the German Government's main military disposals agency, just had to press the button.
THEN, after all that....... I changed my mind. Not because the Landcruiser was a better vehicle, purely because of the fuel consumption! especially on any trip of distance.
I am so glad I did now!.... because, just a trip to let's say, Malaga and back, would be over £2k in fuel and even to pop along to the A&O Show would now cost me £220 in diesel!
Sadly, that's the way things are going..... I think overlanding, or any vehicle based adventure travel, will eventually become almost impossible for most people. Unfortunately, we all know EVs & Infrastructure aren't suitable for this type of travelling, but it will also end up being cost prohibitive (not just fuel) for traditional vehicles.

Last edited:
How much are the alucab 2 person boxes? I can't imagine it would cost a lot more than this if you can get a good Hilux for 6 to 8k ?

Ok. Phew. Expensive unless you have major plans.

1647451512348.png

That's got some rear overhang and you would have to pick your route very carefully
And if you drop down on the add to other vehicles for sale there is a 75 put up as a 60 series for sale for 18 and a Nissan with a demountable aus import

Should have been a single cab but its all there though , started life as a heavy duty truck probably got stronger as a fire truck and landed in the hands of someone with an imagination .

That must have been a very well choreographed accident by well trained professional stunt drivers to get that caravan close coupled to the transit

Back