Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Yet another 80 build thread

Well the time has come to drill the hole in the roof talk about sh*tting myself.

So using a step drill a 28mm hole was drilled after measuring about 15 times and then saying a few words to the gods.

IMG_3691.JPG

I then sprayed the metal edge with zinc primer and went about sikaflex and screwing in the connector.
IMG_6449.JPG

It's finally wired and the connector is 5 pins and each pin can carry 15amps, so I've got future expandability.

IMG_3555.JPG

So now the solar panel is charging the lifepo4 battery.

As I'm waiting on a part for my rock slider build (flanged nuts), I've made a high lift jack mount for the spare wheel. I had it mounted to the roof but wasn't really happy with having that mounted there.

So quickly knocked up amount, using some M8 bolts, M12 bolts, some 5cm x3m flat bar and 50x50x3 box.

made.jpeg

As you can see the welding is less than amazing but I'd run out of gas, so had to use an old CO2 extinguisher as my shielding gas (it works). After some primer, it looks 100% better.
primed.jpeg

Then finally mounted to the back of the car:
fitted open.jpeg

fitted rear.jpeg

Steve, got to ask. Have you tried lifting your 80 with that particular length jack? I had one that size and it wasn't long enough to get the wheel off the ground.

Not yet but I'm building HI lift jack points into the rocksliders, once they are on I can test it.

That's where I tried mine. Ended up buying the 5' one. Just too much travel on the suspenders.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Totally agree Karl, wasn’t cheap and only got to use it once this year but still happy with it.

That's where I got my Snomaster fridge. Nice guys.

The tent and awning set up look absolutely fantastic. I bet that makes for a super comfortable camp!!!

Back