Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Your can never be to SAFE

I watched my garden shed burn like that last year, lost 3 motorcycles and all my garden & diy tools thanks to somebody’s fireworks. Not mine btw! Huge fire as it lit up my heating oil tank, along with my neighbours

Last edited:
Always remember, as a kid years ago, seeing an old plastic pig catch fire at the roadside. From the first few wisps of smoke to completely gone in 15mins, scary.

I’ve witnessed an actual pig on fire and that was 4 foot flames from end to end. Fire extinguishers if used at the early stage will often deal with small fires. It put the pig out anyway.

I still carry the Halon extinguisher I’ve had for, must be 20 years now, and still at full charge but I wonder how many drivers do actually carry one? Do they come as standard with new vehicles?

This brings back memories of Byron’s truck. This guy’s troubles are just beginning.

Seems like an electrical fire again as he thought he’d got it out and it caught again.

I never moved so fast as when my starter motor caught fire. I’m amazed, it seems like he was live streaming that from the middle of nowhere.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I still carry the Halon extinguisher I’ve had for, must be 20 years now, and still at full charge but I wonder how many drivers do actually carry one? Do they come as standard with new vehicles?
Halon is banned now TP. I carry a large CO2 which would be good for something like this. AFFF is supposed to be pretty good for stopping re ignition, mainly on petrol fires.

I have to say, he was very cool about the situation. Yep seems like he was live streaming, he seemed more concerned about the amount of light and if we see him in the video. Welcome to the new world.

He thinks it might be dry grass that might have caused it.

Some guts were suggesting throughing sand onto the car. He seemed to ignore that. Whats your thoughts?

I reckon it would depend on where on the vehicle the fire is and what’s actually burning as to wether sand would be effective. Getting it into the seat of the fire could be awkward verging on impossible but has to be worth a shot if you’re out of alternatives. A big advantage of Halon and CO2 extinguishers over other types is they leave no residue, plus, they could conceivably be used to stop a runaway engine in the event of turbo seal failure etc where the engine could rev itself to destruction on the sump oil.

Iv got fire extinguishers in my container and yard, but not the Truck, its something iv been meaning to do for a long time, After watching this im gonna get my arse in gear.. Its a shame when you must get to the point where its beyond saving. And you just step back roll a smoke and keep warm.. Fires are devastating:thumbdown:

I think this guy was running on Adrenalin and the full seriousness of the situation hadn’t sunk in. There would need to have been a lot of dry grass to get it going like that. A birds nest maybe and I think he would have put it out with the extinguisher or blown it clean out of the engine bay.

Last edited:
Thinking about the 80 series (and earlier) models specifically, given the age they and the cost of repairing them I don’t think it would take much of a fire to write one off in the eyes of the insurance companies.

Thinking about the 80 series (and earlier) models specifically, given the age they and the cost of repairing them I don’t think it would take much of a fire to write one off in the eyes of the insurance companies.
Agree... Just a small fire even. If its in the engine bay and its eaten into the wireing loom its good night Vienna. Imagine on a more modern Vehicle with its Ecu's and sensors, and computers..... What a mess!!:angry-extinguishfl:

Co2 isn’t muchnuse outside and isn’t recommended for fuel fires.
I quite like the look of some things I think they’re called fire bombs or extinguisher bombs or something that Andrew st Pierre White reviewed. Very effective and a lot more portable.

I can tell you that Co2 is effective outside. Not tried it in a force 9 gale admittedly but the flaming pig was outside and a squirt of CO2 from end to end put it out in seconds.

I can tell you that Co2 is effective outside. Not tried it in a force 9 gale admittedly but the flaming pig was outside and a squirt of CO2 from end to end put it out in seconds.
Was this flaming pig pat of a ritual or Hog roast, or did it just spontaneously combust. Im genuinely Interested.

It was at a hog roast Higgy, for the private estate I lived on for many years. It was the first time we had somebody who was catering trained watch the pig. I built the hog roaster as an improved copy of one we hired but it could have been much better. It used a lot of gas and took about 7-8 hrs to slow cook a 100-120 lb pig but the result was delicious. Anyway, the chap stopped the rotation to put a meat thermometer in without turning the gas off and up it went.
We always had at least 2 CO2 extinguishers to hand and instructions given to use them but the fella must’ve panicked as they just pushed it out from the wooden shelter it was under.

Crackling was a bit overdone that year. :icon-rolleyes:

It was at a hog roast Higgy, for the private estate I lived on for many years. It was the first time we had somebody who was catering trained watch the pig. I built the hog roaster as an improved copy of one we hired but it could have been much better. It used a lot of gas and took about 7-8 hrs to slow cook a 100-120 lb pig but the result was delicious. Anyway, the chap stopped the rotation to put a meat thermometer in without turning the gas off and up it went.
We always had at least 2 CO2 extinguishers to hand and instructions given to use them but the fella must’ve panicked as they just pushed it out from the wooden shelter it was under.

Crackling was a bit overdone that year. :icon-rolleyes:
Brilliant .... Fond memories of the our old Rugby club hog roasts, A calamity of disasters.... As long as it got eaten up. Crackling and all. Always remember. turn gas OFF before shoving a thermometer up its arse.:thumbup:

Just trying to see where these Stryker extinguishers and found this video

I would like to stress I am NOT involved with this or any fire extinguisher company - I am just impressed with the size, effectiveness and the fact that it leaves no residue.

Also found a J95 on fire :-

Back