Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Electric windows always powered mod for Olazz

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
did similar mod for my elec windows when i go camping.

pull the relay and pop in the spade jumper then windows and roof have power without ignition key - permanent live as with your power outlet.

That a clever idea Adrian.... how do you do it then? Do tell.

drivers footwell, middle relay 2nd row up, remove the relay and jump the contacts nearest the door, doesn't everyone do that? :?

P.S. auto up mod is handy too if you don't have that.

Last edited:
drivers footwell, middle relay 2nd row up, remove the relay and jump the contacts nearest the door, doesn't everyone do that? :?

P.S. auto up mod is handy too if you don't have that.

Ok just so I've got this....

I delve into the footwell, look for the second row... find the middle one.... take it to the nearest door and jump on the contacts?

here you go, picture quality isn't great on account of it being dark out but this is in the driver side footwell behind the plastic panel

IMAG1302.jpg

Red bit roughly in the middle is a short length of wire with spade connector blades on the end pushed into the relay socket connectors replacing the connection made by the relay when it got power from IGN position (the 2 unused terminals power the relay coil). There used to be a round relay there like the one below it and to the left, just pull it out.

Last edited:
JW, you're a gentleman sir!

Much obliged.

there's also the auto up mod mentioned, for the drivers window that UK 80's didn't get from the factory - cut the tabs off the back of the button so it can be pulled back to the auto up position and solder a diode on the circuit board to replace the one some markets got as standard to power the 'auto' circuitry. Not sure if Japanese imports had this as standard?
IMAG1303.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep my Jap import has Auto up on drivers door.

Thought so, don't know why Toyota thought residents of the UK were too stupid to cope with it!

Would make a good sticky thread this one - thank you Jon. That auto up mod especially is sooo useful and takes just so little time to accomplish, and a 39p diode from Maplins and a quick bit of soldering.

Last edited:
there's also the auto up mod mentioned, for the drivers window that UK 80's didn't get from the factory - cut the tabs off the back of the button so it can be pulled back to the auto up position and solder a diode on the circuit board to replace the one some markets got as standard to power the 'auto' circuitry. Not sure if Japanese imports had this as standard?
View attachment 4112

I have auto down but not auto up, is there any more info on this mod...?

An easy way for auto up is to fit a hilux surf gen 2 switch panel. Just swapped mine over before I sell it lol.

Back