Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

karls winch bumper

I'd have thought they may be one there on one of the other trucks mate:icon-wink:

The chap had sold a couple before to a couple of forum members but can't be bothered pushing sales so thought if give them a try and get one for my own truck.

cool I will have to have a look for them then. I know chris brought one but I didn't think his would be on yet? who else got one do you know
stu

Ill just bring one with me mate.

Chas had one but that one wasn't as wide as these.

If I get time I may just put it on the off roader for the weekend.

Ill just bring one with me mate.

Chas had one but that one wasn't as wide as these.

Apart from the width I think your one is different to the one I fitted to the petrol 80 Karl. :think:

Only way it's different is mine hasn't the recovery points on Chas. I'm planing on using a bumper to build my own as its a lot easier to have a starting point to work from.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
that's what I was thinking about them its a good starting point but it must be wide enough to add some protection to the corners as that's the part I always hit!! Are you going to bring one off a vehicle? I would also like to know if my huskey will fit into it as its a off set winch and doesn't fit into a arb because of the taper on them.
stu

Ill just bring one off the motor for you Stu. Unless we unbolt it. See how we go on time

cool thanks buddy. I will bring my winch as well to see.
Stu

:)

Have you still got the old one chas?

The original bumper that was replaced by the winch bumper? if you cast your mind back you might remember you bought it off me at the last Lincomb, :icon-biggrin: the winch bumper is still on the petrol 80.

I think that they are pretty good and for the money, extraordinary value. No mine isn't on yet as I have been making the rear one. Not going to get around to that just yet. I need some toob to bend into hoops.

The original bumper that was replaced by the winch bumper? if you cast your mind back you might remember you bought it off me at the last Lincomb, :icon-biggrin: the winch bumper is still on the petrol 80.

I meant the truck Chas.

Stu, not sure how you are doing with yours, but here's an update on mine.

Firstly, got it fitted with no problems A little easing here and there with a flapper and it was on. But. Major issue. I went and fitted some angled bracing tubes and these fouled the end of the inner wing . front cross member. So I had a cup of tea and a think. Then I realised that even if I could shove the bumper back to line up with both holes, I don't reckon a winch would fit in the tray!! I have a 40 mm body lift so should have more room than you, but with the winch only on one hole I could only just get it in there. Also, the winch bolts up so close to the front panel that you can't get nuts on for the fairlead. Not fro me this isn't a problem. New fixing spun up in the lathe - job done. But I need a word with Gary about these points. I am happy because I just wanted to save some time. I can mod what I like but most people can't . And if they bought a coated one then they'd be stuffed.

I have welded some tabs on (top and bottom) to extend the frame to match the second row of bolt holes. Looking at hoops and bars now which shouldn't be a problem, but may have one main hoop and low down indicator protectors. This winch tray is quite low and with the added lift, hoops that go above the headlights would need to be massive.

Here's some pics. BLOODY iPHONE!!!!!!!!!! They always appear right way up in the preview then when you post them it's a freakin' lottery.

image.jpgimage-7.jpgimage-6.jpgimage-5.jpgimage-4.jpgimage-3.jpgimage-2.jpg

I haven't spoke to dave yet Chris but he has one on his truck now.

I had a quick look at it and looks to me to have gone straight on with no issues.

Interesting stuff though. Need to get them right really as for the money they are a cheap ad on.

i did fit mine last week. fair bit of grinding to get it on. although for the money cant complane at all.
i will post some pictures in tge morning as i am not sure how to do straight from my phone.
i really like the looj of this bumper. not to ott. the only one i could find to fit my huskey.
stu

Update.....

Got some of the services attached, aerial, air etc and had a go at making a hoop. Hmm. Well it's OK and I don't care. I shall rattle can this probably rather than have it coated. So I can use some filler to mask the dents where the press put dings in. I shall try and make the eyebrow hoops tomorrow to go across the lights and round the corners. It may not be elegant, but it's strong.

Hoop.jpg

I also decided to make a bush for the tow points too. This is in two halves and effectively reduces the big hole in the middle of the eye down to the same dia as the pin in a D shackle. This stops it banging about. It's tidy and gave me something to do. The bumper really isn't that rough. The iphone has a special filter on it that simply makes everything look crap.

Bush.jpg

And really cleverly rotates all your pictures despite anything you may try. It's really good knowing that you pictures will always orient themselves into a ridiculous attitude. You know where you are.

... And really cleverly rotates all your pictures despite anything you may try. It's really good knowing that you pictures will always orient themselves into a ridiculous attitude. You know where you are.

You could of course, download them to your laptop/PC first, rotate them as you wish, then post them from the there. Just a thought... :whistle:

Back