Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

coming over from the other side...at least the 70series forum :-)

Mark N

Hi guys,

As the title says I am about to come over from the other side from a 78 series prado. Been looking for the 'right' 80 series for a while ie good condition and all the mods I want for the right price!!! The one I found has a couple of extra mods too - a winch and a 3 place bench seat that bolts on the roof rack for the best view on safaris.

It was recommended by the guy that maintains my car, and who has been maintaining it as very clean condition and ready to drive - good enough for me :dance:

So everything works - fr and rr diff locks included and it is really clean and been well kept. For all you experts out there is anything that I need to know that is specific to this spec in terms of driving it and maintenance? see the data plate for info.

Thanks and any advice and info appreciated. Need to get money transferred and hope to collect it in a week or so.

Cheers
Mark

front view sm.jpg

gen view sm.jpg

data plate sm.jpg

Welcome to 80 land Mark!

Nice looking truck, presumed a Japanese import.

Can't imagine you getting much use out of a three seat bench on the roof rack, but who knows! :lol:

Most of the work and expense of most 80s is the front axle, swivels, CVs, shafts, seals, wheel bearings and less usual, the diff.

The BEBs are a must and not too expensive. Do them first, axle second and then baseline the whole truck, check the brakes, discs & calipers, UJs, la, la, la, la la!

Enjoy, a wonderful truck :icon-biggrin:

yep a jap import, should pick it up around the 14th

thanks for the advice

Mark

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back