Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

150 radio upgrade.

Doric

Country Flag
scotland
Good evening chaps.
I would like to ask if the infotainment system in my 2022 3 door can be upgraded to one from a better spec model.
The one fitted seems a little dated when compared to my Outlander and the wife's Vitara. no built in satnav and no reversing camera.
Not quite sure why Toyota skimp on these as the price of even the commercial 3 dooor is a lot more expensive than our other cars.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Davie.

Not sure if you can upgrade from a higher-spec model but I'm considering upgrading to one of the aftermarket head units that will fit in place of the original one, Halfords do them. They look good and have Apple Car Play and nav systems. I might upgrade some of the speakers at the same time.

good morning Lump.
My wife tells me that christmas is coming so I intend to get one of these units. I believe they are available with satnav, blue tooth reversing camera and a host of other goodies.
I did have a quick look on youtube and there are lots to chose from. The question is which one has all the things you need and wont self destruct in a short space of time.
have you now fitted one and if so what are your thoughts ?

No, I haven't had one fitted yet, wading through all the choices is confusing so I will have to do a little research. Let me know what you decide.

I have just installed a new head unit in my 2019 Prado Kakadu, known as a 10.1" Big Screen Android 12.0 Car GPS Stereo for 2018 from Joying Auto. About USD500 direct from the Joying Chinese Warehouse. Arrived in 2 weeks, well packaged and complete with instructions and plug and play cable adaptors. Easy installation and set up, and completely upgrades everything wrong with the Toyota head unit. Pics attached showing how well the unit matches the factory dash. The screen is super bright and sharp, good contrast and fast and smooth acting. Factory camera works fine as well as the 360 view. The unit interfaces faultlessly with the cars canbus so all steering wheel controls work perfectly, as does the proximity sensors. All android apps work super well, android auto works wirelessly faultlessly (presume apple carplay will work equally as well) but I use a separate SIM card so it all works off the head unit. I use Waze as my navigation app because it gives actual over ground speed as well as speed limit, but all will work well. Two USB inputs are provided for music, DVD etc as well as onboard storage. The inbuilt radio app works well but so will any other app. The head unit is fully customizable but I like the home screen as it came out the box. All in all a fantastic upgrade and what Toyota should have provided in thew first place. I have no connection with Joying except as a customer.
20231213_140555.jpg
20231213_140548.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back