Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

COOLANT

david2001

Country Flag
zimbabwe
I NOW HAVE TO EITHER TOP UP MY COOLANT OR CHANGE IT TO LATEST RECOMMENDED TYPE FOR MY 100VX. I THINK WHATS IN IS NOT THE RED TYPE AND IM WONDERING IF IT REALLY MATTERS IF I JUST TOP UP WITH THE LATEST RED TYPE AND IM ALSO THINKING I SHOULD CHANGE THERMOSTAT…AS I DONT HAVE HISTORY HENCE THE REFRESH PROJECT! ADVICE VERY WELCOME!!!
david

It matters - you need to use the same stuff thats in.

What do you think is in there?

ILL CHECK FIRST THING IN MORNING BUT IM REMEMBERING CLEAR LOOKING FLUID??
DAVID

Hope its not just water!!! Tbh if youre not sure it might be worth having the lot flushed and refilled with the proper coolant.

And which coolant is the best for my 100vx?!!! I might do that as I have no previous owners history nor contact
david
david

Dont know, ill let rhe 100 experts answer that one!

I use toyota genuine super long life (pink) in my 120

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have just looked..fluid is almost straw coloured so i think originally pink or red!! No smell!So could be water!!!??
Ill have to empty it out i guess….I see the drain tap bottom of radiator.
Where is the thermostat by the way cant see it!!!
many thanks
David

Straw coloured I would hazard a guess plain water tinged with rust.
Drain it, flush it and use the proper coolant.
Use genuine Toyota, it comes ready mixed or neat to mix to your own requirements.

I have been to toyota and a good mechanic told me how to find and removed thermostat ..its not working wheel opening well after 80 to 82 degrees .!
Ive drained almost all coolant by the radiator drain tap.
More coolant came out after i removed thermostats ..at least one litre.The color is indeed pinkish!!
Ill go for toyota pink coolant!
many thanks
david

Im looking at the turbo and air tubes ..there’s lots of oily muck in them..??turbo gone??? I am tempted but would not like to tackle the exhaust manifold bolts..hear they can be huge issues there !!! So can I just remove turbo? And replace???
david

Yes you can, but a right pain without removing the exhaust manifold, recently did mine & the manifold nuts & studs wernt too bad to get off, but I replaced them with new as a matter of course

Is the presence of black sticky gunge in the air pipes before the inlet a sign of turbo problems?I am not keen on removing exhaust mani!
what was the sequence of removing your turbo like and what rust penetrator was useful....Does a failed turbo make the inlet much dirtier??Mine was very clogged up!
david
sorry im quite stressed up now but can afford doing the turbo replacement OR get it fixed

This what it’s looking like ..maybe just seals gone??
You were right im having to remove the exhaust mani …!!
david

Attachments

• IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    366.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2948.jpeg
    IMG_2948.jpeg
    370.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 16
Back