Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ECON * LOCK

chiradu

Country Flag
switzerland
Hello, for LC200, I am looking to install this upgrade on the transmission, has anyone installed this trans upgrade?
ECON*LOCK
Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Hello, for LC200, I am looking to install this upgrade on the transmission, has anyone installed this trans upgrade?
ECON*LOCK
Thanks for the feedback!
I'm not sure if they are still available, I think I read somewhere they had stopped selling them. If you find out or buy it, please report back!

I got a lockup kit from an Australian company called Richards Auto Electrical. In addition they can provide transmission and engine remaps remotely. They have a laptop in Europe that can be sent to customers who would like to get remaps.

Initially I only had the lockup kit which in it self was a great improvement to the car. However it doesn't solve the problem that 6th gear isn't engage until 110Km/h so decided to get the transmission remap. Highly recommended. 6th gear is now engaged from 95km/h and the overall transmission behaviour is much improved.

LOCKUP KITS & REMAPPING - Richards Auto Electrical - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

I got a lockup kit from an Australian company called Richards Auto Electrical. In addition they can provide transmission and engine remaps remotely. They have a laptop in Europe that can be sent to customers who would like to get remaps.

Initially I only had the lockup kit which in it self was a great improvement to the car. However it doesn't solve the problem that 6th gear isn't engage until 110Km/h so decided to get the transmission remap. Highly recommended. 6th gear is now engaged from 95km/h and the overall transmission behaviour is much improved.

LOCKUP KITS & REMAPPING - Richards Auto Electrical - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
How do you go about arranging the remaps do you still contact Richards Auto in Australia or is there an Agent in Europe? Or is this something you install yourself with their laptop?

Sounds very interesting, including the Engine remap to disable EGR.

For the remaps you get in contact with Richards and then there is guy in Norway who coordinate with the shipment of the computer. In my case the laptop was in Germany when I contacted them so I had to wait a couple of months before I could get it.

When you have the computer you arrange a time with Richards when you connect the laptop to the car and they connect via Teamviever. They then download the original file of the car. That takes about 10 minutes. Then they rewrite the file according to your wishes, transmission, engine stage 1 or 2, egr-delete etc. After a day or two you then do the procedure with the car again where they upload the new file to your car. Takes about 15 min. Take a test drive an make sure all works as expected. All done.

Reactions: uHu
For the remaps you get in contact with Richards and then there is guy in Norway who coordinate with the shipment of the computer. In my case the laptop was in Germany when I contacted them so I had to wait a couple of months before I could get it.

When you have the computer you arrange a time with Richards when you connect the laptop to the car and they connect via Teamviever. They then download the original file of the car. That takes about 10 minutes. Then they rewrite the file according to your wishes, transmission, engine stage 1 or 2, egr-delete etc. After a day or two you then do the procedure with the car again where they upload the new file to your car. Takes about 15 min. Take a test drive an make sure all works as expected. All done.
That sounds good, would you mind giving an indication of cost please? you can PM if you would prefer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not at all. I don't know if these prices are still accurate but I paid 800 AUD for transmission remap and I believe engine remap was another 800 AUD. The actual lockup-kit, the hardware, was 750 AUD on eBay. Transmission remap can be done suit with or without the lockup kit. They customize the tuning based on wether you have it or not.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they are still available, I think I read somewhere they had stopped selling them. If you find out or buy it, please report back!
Hi, I have contacted them ( Econ*Lock), but no reply.

Back