Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front bumper airbag sensors

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello guys.
My apologies for my input and my absence the last few months.
My wife has not been in good health so been distracted from cars.

My question is I was fitting new fog lights on my lc5 today.
After removing the front bumper I noticed the 2 front airbag sensors on the crash panel very corroded.
One of them is not recognised as a sensor apart from the sensor plug (rust).
I just wanted to no if the sensors both sides are the same and can swop either side or is one left and right total different.
I have found plenty to replace with but ( my sensor is still working just very rusty).
I have found a few sensors on ebay to show plus my own.

The sensor in the picture was the only one that able to photograph as other side was just rust.

Attachments

• 20230702_130810.jpg
    20230702_130810.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20230702_182139_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230702_182139_Chrome.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 32
Hi Tony, first of all welcome back mate!

Just had a quick look on partsouq, and it looks to be the same part number for both sides.

Are you fitting standard fog lights, or ....? I remember a lot of swearing fitting standard ones.

Thanks Karl.
No I'm just going for a different look to see if I like them.
Been looking at other landcruisers mainly in Saudi Arabia.
The look I have gone for is yellow fog lights as just a new look.
I was reading that the rear slam panel sensors are the same as the front sensors.
I have just done a few upgrades in the last few months so just trial and error at the moment.
I will take a few photos when I get the chance and show my findings.

Hi Tony, first of all welcome back mate!

Just had a quick look on partsouq, and it looks to be the same part number for both sides.

Are you fitting standard fog lights, or ....? I remember a lot of swearing fitting standard ones.
This is my new look as was getting bored with my standard foglights.
My yellow fog lights are better in the fog and rain apparently.
Plenty of rain lately to prove that scenario.
I have also removed my rear bumper foglights and replaced with led lights with side and indicators lights and break lights all in one unit.

Attachments

• 20230722_115442.jpg
    20230722_115442.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230722_115326.jpg
    20230722_115326.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 27
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Tony, where did you buy the front bumper yellow lights. they are in place of the original fog lights. Thanks

I bought them from ebay and I bought replacement plug connectors to replace the old foglight plugs.
I only bought them as an experiment but like them and make a big difference in the rain as in vision.
I will find them I'm my ebay history and post the link or picture for you
when you remove you old foglamps providing you have original 120 bumper there is a square cut out in the bumper just big enough for the bolt to fit in and the spot light fits in tight but still room to place in direction you want..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230915_192031_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230915_192031_eBay.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
You don't have to buy them plug connectors they are just what I used .
They plug together as just cut in the middle and connect to your original fog light loom and other one on the fog light easy enough and work perfectly from your original steering wheel stalk.

Thanks Tony for the info. I'm looking to replace the LED side/indicator lights in my AFN bumper. A 3.5" X 1" or 2" square white light would do. The for lights in the bumper are ok.

So Is it your side light bulbs or your indicators your changing.
I'm only asking because I installed 5w led orange bulbs.
They look cool and bright but the problem is they started flickering after a few months.
I replaced with new led bulbs and same thing over time so I just replaced with normal bulbs and no problems.
Only problem with any led light they are not meant to be on for long periods of time depending on the purpose they are used for.
My interior lights are all led and again look cool and bright
My head lights are led and so are my rear lights because this is good for your battery life.

Hi Tony, I've have led bulbs in the factory side lamds and indicators and their working fine. I purchased a steel AFN front bumper a few years ago with their fog lamps and combined led indicator/side lamps. The fog lamps came with halogen bulbs which I switched for Beamtec led bulbs from Amazon, very good light.
What brand a buld did you install in your headlamps ?

I fitted these and are perfect but that was over 12mths ago now so any decent brand h4 6500k .
That colour is like a new car look with out the boy racer look and very good light out put.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231014_104656_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231014_104656_Photos.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 14
Back