Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC5 shock absorber

RichD

Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys, I've just had the bad news that a rear shock absorber on my 2012 LC5 has gone. Has anyone knowledge of non OEM versions that are compatible? Or has anyone replaced the electronic originals with standard ones? £827 for just one from dealer!

Cheers
Rich

Following ...

I might be in the same boat and have only looked at the oems.

Happy New Year.

I'm about to change out my originals with OEM replacement on my 2011 KDJ150 doing 135000km (83000 miles). The electronic air suspension absorbers cost an arm and a leg.

Question : should I change the front shock mounts as well?

Last edited:
I found the only after market supplier was Aerosus. I bought 2 rears as the advice is to replace in pairs - £288. Unfortunately the ride wasn't improved though! Ride comfort on my old 120 standard springs (after 150k miles) is much better than AVS on LC5, but that's the only thing that's worse I've found. Maybe I'll swap the 17s with softer tyres from the 120 onto the 150.....

Same story here - one rear shock on my 2011 LC5 was knackered, and was quoted c.£900 for a replacement by Toyota.
The only non-Toyota alternative I could find that was AVS-compatible was from Aerosus in Germany. £300 for a pair seemed good value!
Unfortunately they are rubbish and offer little shock absorption. Changing the AVS settings also appears to have no effect on the suppleness (or lack of!) so assume they have very basic internals.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back