Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this part?

gregdawg89

Country Flag
united_states
Hi all, does anyone know what this hose/pipe is for? I want to replace the rusty brackets holding it in place but can't seem to find this area or assembly on any of the parts sites like Ayama or Impex. If I knew what this hose/pipe was maybe I could find the bracket part numbers..

20231216_104225.jpg

Looks like fuel filler pipe?
Interesting - this is on the right hand side, somewhat forward, so it's well away from the fuel tank, but instead of the fuel filler pipe it could be the fuel line to the engine? Either way I'm having a devil of a time finding that parts diagram on the more commonly used parts sites. (Note: this is a right hand drive JDM LC 100 w/ the 4.2L diesel)

Could it be the pipes to the rear aircon? Never seen where the original pipes were run because they've usually been replaced, but they're around that position. Possibly the thick looking pipe is a smaller pipe in a protective cover?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Here are a couple more pics. The first pic is has an arrow showing the Forward direction towards the right front wheel, and the second pic is a bit further back showing how this "mystery pipe/hose" goes past one of the AHC globes.. So I'm still confused whether this is fuel, or part of the rear AC system.
20240222_171009.jpg
20240222_170906.jpg

Looking at the 2nd photo is does look like they are thinner pipes in some sort of insulation so AC is more likely than fuel. If it's just the brackets you want to renew, couldn't you just make some yourself?

Looking at the 2nd photo is does look like they are thinner pipes in some sort of insulation so AC is more likely than fuel. If it's just the brackets you want to renew, couldn't you just make some yourself?
Good question; I suppose I might be able to do that.

Back