Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series: Nice looking '97 4.2TD VX but NO keys!

Really it wants looking at to assess its condition. It has chipped keys so that could be a potentially an expensive problem unless you get a set of matching chipped keys,door locks and ignition barrel and ECU from a Landcruiser breaker and change the lot once you have got in.
It might work out to be a bargain and a cheap late model Cruiser but in my experience it probably wont be great.

Has anyone seen the crazy price this has gone to on auction and still has 20 hrs to go!!!

Mileage-unknown
Running or not-unknown
Gearbox noises- unknown
Diff noises-unknown
Axle state-unknown
Key location-unknown

I bet this goes back up for auction with non payment.

Biddings gone daft, expect bid cancellation anytime soon back to a realistic level.

One bidder, 1***m, has put in about 16 bids increasing by £100 each time, makes me wonder if it's a mate of the seller trying to find out how high the higher bidder is going.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks a bit of a dog to me. I can see lots wrong with that. And it's in a North London scrap yard? I mean come on.

Now back to a more realistic price....

But we know that 1***m has bid over 10k so expect their bids to be removed as well.

In bid history this was the highest bid placed.surprised-013.GIF

Bidder s.gifbtnHelp.gif
Action
Date of bid and retraction
s.gif
Member Id: h***as.gif( 94iconBlueStar_25x25.gif)
Cancelled: £32,800.00
Bid:25-Jun-15 18:07:08 BST
Cancelled: 26-Jun-15 09:27:50 BST

Its been repossessed against a debt obviously so the baliffs probably just want to know what its worth .

So, who wants to bet that someone will miraculously bid £10,000 to just push the price right up to the now known max bid of £10,100?

Could it be the deprived owner playing games ? they do make it absolutely clear they will not reveal the trucks location before it is sold and "no keys" suggests they had more than a little trouble claiming the truck !

Don't touch and barge pole spring to mind

Well I was wrong there then!! Went for £5k. Could be a whole heap of trouble if the previous owner caught up with the new one especially if he still has the keys!!

I bet it was him that bought it and that was the whole point as in pay what you owe us or it will be sold .

I thought you were saying you won it there Andy, until I looked up its location as being nowhere near Totnes…[emoji21]

Well Mr SC I did go to Totnes to collect a Cruiser, this one:-
IMG_0344_zpsrczlfxt2.jpg

Turned out to be quite a good truck, no leaks from anywhere and everything working except the rear wiper. Solid bodywork with the rear wings having had some accident damage repairs but for the money you sometimes can't have everything.
It sang along the 270 miles back with the auto box performing perfectly and ice cool air con welcome on a hot day.
I'll have a go at it tomorrow and start with a good hot pressure wash underneath and see what if anything it needs, firstly getting the Runaway tyres off the front and replace them with BFG's to match the back.
All in all it was a gamble to buy a truck unseen but at the money it turned out well, I've always liked the 24V autos and I will VX the interior and bring it up to as near UK spec as possible.
BTW unbelievably both diff locks work perfectly as a bonus.

Happy days

Back