Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

127k miles 80 series

yogi

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
one owner from new...............

its also a cat'C' write off and had 2 owners from new according to a history check online.......

I'm gonna guess flood damage as everything but the carpet is mint , if i was right it would be a bargain but how would you find out why it was written off by insurance ?

That's really why I posted this, though I'm a bit pissed about the seller because they are traders as its a 'trade in' according to the email they sent me today. They aslo stated it had 'no known faults', so clearly being a former insurance write off is not a fault.

Ask them outright using ebay messages if its a cat c write off and why . I believe its illegal for a trader to deny it so they have little to lose by telling the truth . If they flood damage it at least corresponds with our own thoughts but if they say it was anything else i'd be very dubious .

Beware of buying at as a trade sale, as you lose the protection that a retail customer gets.

It's not described as a trade sale in the ad., which is misleading if that's what they are trying to say in the email.

Only way to find insurance details out is previous keeper, can't see them telling you that as it sounds like they aren't straight about number of 'one-owners' it has had !

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ask them to send you a copy of the DSR (Distance Seller Regulations) , if its a ringer they will run a mile . Ironically buying without viewing entitles you to far more consumer protection than if you went to your local Toyota dealer and bought off the forecourt . On-line ads must by law be accurate hence not as described virtually guarantees a refund from paypal and the like .

Trouble is if its a ringer the ad will vanish and so will the seller , next week it will be back up for sale with a different number plate and maybe a different paint job .

Surprise surprise, asked if it had any history of damage or being written off and still awaiting a reply..........

Back