Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

16" wheel for 97 series 80 Landcruiser

Just realised I don't have a spare wheel..Doh!!
Anyone looking to get rid of a 16" wheel for a 97 petrol 80 series Landcruiser?

Thanks Keith.

What width, i have two 16 x 7 steelies.

Paul said:
What width, i have two 16 x 7 steelies.

Thanks for the quick reply Paul, Haven't a clue mate, whatever the width of my alloys are so I can drop it on if I get a puncture.
Will try and find out what width I need.

Only you could do that Keith!! Coming laneing on sunday?

Alloys are 8". What age is yours? As it will depend on the type of alloy you need. If it is the earlier type I have one ;)

Paul

Paul_Humphreys said:
Only you could do that Keith!! Coming laneing on sunday?

Alloys are 8". What age is yours? As it will depend on the type of alloy you need. If it is the earlier type I have one ;)

Paul

Ha hja ha you know me too well mate lol. it's a 97 Paul.
2126606810054959792S600x600Q85.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Also try calling the man you got it from, it might just be lying in his garage!!

Paul

That's a very good call!!!

Is it just the fixing holes that are different on the later alloys Paul? Flat bottom vs taper?

I've got a feeling I may have a flat bottomed rim somewhere...

Paul_Humphreys said:
You need the later type then. Not the type I have.

Paul

Thanks anyway Paul.
I'm heading off to Wales tomorrow. Little place called Bethania, it up in the hills, about 18 miles from Aberystwith. Might just be tempted to meet up with you Sun if I can Get away from whatever the family have in store for me over the next few days lol Will give you a bell later when I have some idea of how things are on the family front.

Gav Peter said:
That's a very good call!!!

Is it just the fixing holes that are different on the later alloys Paul? Flat bottom vs taper?

I've got a feeling I may have a flat bottomed rim somewhere...

Just the wheel nut type.

Keith, I was out that way today laneing!! 2 LCs and 2 Lrs and a Blitzs!!

Paul

Gav Peter said:
Yes and you need the right nuts or rather the right wheel for the nuts you have :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Gav Peter":urrbrblk]Is it just the fixing holes that are different on the later alloys Paul? Flat bottom vs taper?
Yes and you need the right nuts or rather the right wheel for the nuts you have :)[/quote:urrbrblk]

Hi Jon, so I can have either wheel as long as I have the wheel nuts to suit? easy to carry a spare set of wheel nuts if thats the case, or are the hub mounts different as well? if you know what I mean?

You just need nuts to match the wheels. So you have the later wheels and nuts. I have the older type. So if you get the older type of wheel then you need 6 of the older nuts.

Wait to see if Gav has the right wheel for you.

Paul

I'll have a squizz in the morning Keith. In the meantime, it might do for you to check what shape your wheel nuts actually are...

Like dis:

Or not...

Thanks Gav. Will have a look tomorrow what type of nut. Can't do much about it now...off to Wales in the morning, just have to take a couple of cans of tyre weld with me....not going to miss the chance of taking my little girl off road over the weekend.

Back