Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1973 FJ40 - need help with starter wiring

insightbrewery

Country Flag
united_states
Hi guys, first time poster.

I'm helping a friend with a project FJ40; he brought it with him when he moved to my state. Unfortunately, the previous mechanic mucked up the wiring really bad all over when they swapped the engine: twisted-together wires, electrical tape, and of course the little extensions they made are all the wrong colors so I'm having trouble tracing the wires.

This is going to be a long-term project, but the current issue is that during transport whatever wiring was connected to the starter seems to have fallen off and I can't figure out what should hook up to where. It currently has the original-style starter; we bought a 60-series GR starter but right now we just need to get the original powered up so we can move the truck into the garage.

Can anybody with the original-style starter post some pictures showing which wires hook up? Here're some pics of the garbage on the car right now if you guys can help correlate:

3rFWzEP.jpg

EwlTIx7.jpg

Og0M0fs.jpg

0AniTtZ.jpg

Thanks in advance!

What a bloody mess I would say that's been butchered but a butcher has to have training to get the right cut of meat that was done by some neanderthal that has had a lobotomy
It is holiday season here so you might have to wait a while for a reply don't give up hope there are a few 40 owners that may be able you with you spiders web problem

Back