Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HZ hard to start when warm

7hecouchpotato

Country Flag
australia
Hi all. I have a 75 with a 1hz that just keeps cranking but fails to start once the car is warm. Starts instantly on a double glow when cold (turn key, wait about 15 secs for click (at which point the voltage gauge rises a little). Repeat but only wait about 5 secs on second glow. Does this rule out the plugs as the fault? Resistance measured around 4 ohms for all 6 plugs. What else should I be checking? Thanks.

Hey mate.
I have the exact same problem with my 1992 Troopy.
Had a few people tell me it doesn’t need to glow when warm so it’s not a glow related problem???
I can’t seem to get to the bottom of it.
I’ve got other issues with it running rough at the moment so I have a mechanic coming to check it out and get it running again. I’ll let you know if I get it resolved and will keep an eye on here to see if someone has a solution.
Cheers

I have a 1HZ in my troopy too, but hadnt had any issues related to your problem so far, so i cant say i have much experience with that motor. generally speaking what may be an issue is a fuelleak internal (feed or highpressurepumpa ) stuck component (fuel cut off valve) couple things that come to my mind is

- check fuelsupply
- check fuelfilter
- check fuel cut off valve
- check fuelinjectorpump (inbuilt feedpump not get enough fuel or cant build up pressure when hot)

or maybe try to fit a 12v feedpump in supplyline and see what happens... pretty sure i forgot something but that 'll do for the moment

luka

Probably the injector pump needs to be overhauled.

Back