Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2 DIN to 1 DIN converter?

tlaw259

Country Flag
uk
Hi Folks - Has anyone removed the OE radio/CD 2 DIN unit and replaced it with a 1 DIN unit?

I am looking for a 1 DIN converter with a cubby hole above or below, so I can fit my 1 DIN Bluetooth/handsfree unit and have a tidy hole above or below.
Prefer a unit with a fascia that 'looks' like it fits.
Have not found anything yet :(

Has anyone done this?
If yes do you have a supplier in the UK for the 2 to 1 DIN conversion plate/bracket?

Cheers

That is what I am looking for.

Hope someone can send a link to an available fascia conversion that worked.....and avoid returning loads of near misses.

Last edited:
I'll be surprised if you find many people going form 2 DIN to 1 DIN to be honest, but DH's suggestion seems as good a place to start as any.

Beware though, I'm not sure how 'standard' the radio size is on an LC3/4 - I think the standard radio is a little bit bigger than 2 DIN.

When I replaced mine with a 2 DIN Sony unit, there was a bit of a gap around the outside, so I had to improvise using the black cover off a tescos notebook.

Now that makes sense, there are so many 2 DIN surrounds available....perhaps as you intimate to convert from OE to 2 DIN as OE is a tad larger.....

Back