Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2001 Body/Bumper Mods

Blackie

Hello All - first time posting

Just purchased a 2001 100 Series with 125K miles and absolutely loving it - have had many cruisers in my driveway over the years, and at the age of 53, I am wanting to make this my last vehicle (or close to it). My only issue with this model is all of the vinyl trim Toyota polluted this vehicle with (front/rear bumper covers, rocker panel covers, fender flares) - i hate all of it and would love for it to all go away...i have a 2008 FJ Cruiser which i have replaced both the front and rear plastic bumper covers with powder coated steel covers, but am having trouble finding similar for the 2001 100 Series - also any ideas for in terms of feasibility of stripping the fender flares and rocker panel covers? photos?

all advice/information appreciated - as i said, love the vehicle but i think Toyota decided for some reason to make these bad boys look like a Saturn with all of the plastic crap stuck to it....disappointing

A quick google bash or eBay bash will bring up a few options, ARB, Ironman, fabryka4x4.

You could import from Aus or US (see slee4x4). But watch the duty and vat.

There are fabricators out there who can make you custom stuff depending on what you want.

Google winch bumpers Landcruiser 100 look at the images and see what takes your fancy.

Last edited:
Hello All - first time posting

Just purchased a 2001 100 Series with 125K miles and absolutely loving it - have had many cruisers in my driveway over the years, and at the age of 53, I am wanting to make this my last vehicle (or close to it). My only issue with this model is all of the vinyl trim Toyota polluted this vehicle with (front/rear bumper covers, rocker panel covers, fender flares) - i hate all of it and would love for it to all go away...i have a 2008 FJ Cruiser which i have replaced both the front and rear plastic bumper covers with powder coated steel covers, but am having trouble finding similar for the 2001 100 Series - also any ideas for in terms of feasibility of stripping the fender flares and rocker panel covers? photos?

all advice/information appreciated - as i said, love the vehicle but i think Toyota decided for some reason to make these bad boys look like a Saturn with all of the plastic crap stuck to it....disappointing
I have a 100 and it hasn't got plastic fender flares, the bumpers are both plastic and have no covers, and by 'rockers' I presume you mean 'sills' and the only plastic on them is to protect from damaging them when you get in and out.

If you use the turm 'rockers and 'fenders' I again presume , that you are in the good old USofA, so perhaps the spec for the 100's are a bit different from the UK.

Or were they 'Optional Extras'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back