Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2005 LC v8 electric failure

startswithp

Say that while attempting to jump start my 05 v8 lc the terminals crossed and it went pop. Checked for blown fuses. which there were some that I replaced with the same type and nothing except the headlights, warning lights on the instrument panel and hazards work now. However, the vehicle will start and run but I have to use the shift release button to get it in gear.

I've attempted to check all fuses and relays to the best my ability and can't find a problem. I drove it up to autozone to get a diagnostic test run and they are unable to get the machine to power up due to lack of anything electric working inside the vehicle except the warning lights.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

Not familiar with vehicle in question but i had similar problem many many moons ago with a 4 litre soarer. ended up being a fuse that i had not located.

have you checked ALL fuse locations there may be one you are not yet aware off - perhaps someone with with specific vehicle knowledge can chime in.

welcome by the way!

it's a 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic and as far as I know there's 3 fuse boxes and I've checked every one of them more than a few times now because I don't know what else it could be.

Thanks also.

Sounds like an EFI or COR or Main Relay (circuit opening) relay/fuse issue to me. You might have fried a relay, try swapping a few of the relays round

Did you check the fuses in the very small fuse box that's bolted to the positive battery terminal?

What Jon said.

There are three fuse boxes (L & R kick panel + engine comp) plus those clamped to the battery. Don't know exactly on the V8, but there would be ca 3 fusible links plus 1 or 2 small fuses there. There are also the main fuses in those three fuseboxes, of 40 and 80 Amps.

And this thread should be moved to the 100 series.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Someone buy this man a drink!!! It was the fuse attached to the positive terminal. I threw some sodder on it and it's back in action. Appreciate your help fella's.

Lucky man. The last time I saw this all of the ECUs within the car died.

Mike

I'd replace your solder job with the correct part or next time it may be the ECU's that are dead instead.

Back