Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2nd Start Button

ekendraed

When I purchased my vehicle some weeks ago, the 2nd Start button, when depressed, showed that it was switched in via the dash board indicator panel. Since the purchase, the vehicle has been in and out of the repair shop and now the 2nd Start button does not engage! The dashboard lamp was checked and it is OK.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have gone wrong? Fuse or circuitry? I wonder if anyone would have the schematic drawings for this circuit?

Ekendra

I can't answer your question but imagine that you will be able to tell by the rev counter when pulling off if it is still actually working or not :?:

Could be several things including the Transmission ECU, my first question I would ask, as it has been in the work shop and the 2nd gear pull away was working before it went in and not when returned to you. Would be what work was done in the work shop and maybe start there.

Steve.

Steve!

Do you know where about the Transmission ECU is located? The rubber bushes and mounts were replaced and it can be that the wires connecting to the ECU got disconnected. I will creep under the vehicle to check.

Regards

Ekendra (4S7EF)

Can't remember off the top of my head but I think that it is in the pasenger foot well. I will have a look in my books and get back to you.

Steve

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back