Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

7 or 8 seater??

Avalon Audio

Hi all, for the 100 series with 3rd row of seats - is it a 7 or 8 seater?
Cheers
VW

Doesn't the 100 have a lap belt for a 3rd row middle passenger?

That's strange, as the 90 and (I think) also that the 80 are both classed as 8 seaters due to having a lap belt for a middle 3rd row passenger. i.e. in a 2+3+3 configuration. I thought that the 100 was similar???

When I was getting insurance quotes, if I put it down as an 8 seater, the prices skyrocketed... 7 seater, no problem, cheap quotes. But yes, the 95 has 8 seatbelts!

The 2nd row has a std over the shoulder seatbelt for the middle but the 3rd row is two desperate seats and not a bench so only takes two ppl. So it's 2+3+2

Hope that helps.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Take out the 3rd row, tell insurance it's out and price comes down nicely as a 5 seater. Viable only if you don't need to use the 3rd row, obviously.

And Warren - what's a 'desperate' seat? Hope I don't have any of those :lol:

The 3rd row seats in a 80 and 90 are not benches, they're also separate and are configured just like the 100 - you can fold each half of the seat back against the seat and then fold the whole unit up against the side to create boot space. The Lap belt for the middle passenger is fixed to one half and the buckle to the other.

I can't find a decent pic from UK but this will do....

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wand...er-100-series-sahara-3rd-row-seats/1013376940

EDIT : Perhaps it's not within UK spec on the 100s to have the 8th belt fitted ? Even though the 80s and 90s did.....?????

Last edited:
And on the 120 there's a 3 point belt for the middle seat in the 3rd row. Why?? Who the hell knows. You could only really get 3 small kids on those seats :lol: I suppose that way you can, fairly safely. Which is how Mr T gets away with calling the 120 an 8 seater!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have had three kids in the back seats of my 120 on more than one occation. No chance of getting 1 single adult to sit on the low seats, never mind 3 :lol:

In the US, the 80 has 8 seatbelts up until '95, I believe. 96-97 have 7 seatbelts. All 100's that had the third row only have 7 seatbelts.

Ok Guys, I fitted the third row on Sunday - first time in since being removed at new, MOST DEFINITELY has an '8th' seat...even if it is only a lap belt...a good spot in the truck for the Mother in Law :)

Back