Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series Landcruiser Dash Warning Lights

Raff

Country Flag
australia
Hey all ,

I am having problems with dash warning lights on my 80 series , it's a 1990 model.

The Battery Light in the top right hand corner of the dash is constantly on , the battery's are charging well and it's got me buggered why the light won't go off.

Also the change filter light bottom right hand corner is also on , not sure why as the filter is not that old.

Both lights have only just recently came on after going through a mud pit , which covered the engine completely in watery mud and that's when these 2 lights came on , I drove it home and gave it a good clean and checked the Battery's and also the Air Filter and attaching components and they were all fine.

Any advise on these 2 warning lights , or if this has happened to you and you fixed it could you please let me know how you resolved the problem.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Its Not what normally happens to be fair on the lights i would start taking plugs off and cleaning with wd40 not sure what its called down under.

most people introduce them selves

Its Not what normally happens to be fair on the lights i would start taking plugs off and cleaning with wd40 not sure what its called down under.

most people introduce them selves

Thanks for that Mate ,
Sorry I am Raff from Down Under Australia , and I am just getting into the 4WD Off-road Scene , We have had a 4WD for years as a family car , but I have now decided to get into the real 4WDriving - as I have just stepped up in the world from V8's and Turbo's and Drifting , it has become a been there done that for years so now a change of scenery into off-road begins.

cheers

i am sure you will soon be putting V8's and bigger turbos on the 80 they drift ok if you have a 2wd kit on them

All these view and no one knows ?

Thats a bad earth causing that, the mud and crud has contaminated it.

As Stu said, start checking and cleaning connections starting at the alternator itself.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
yogi the alternator is connected to more then just those 2 warning lights when its loose.

Cheers Guys , Tomorrow I am going to get stuck into it - I am going to pull the whole wiring harness plugs off and clean them all up :thumbup:

i am sure you will soon be putting V8's and bigger turbos on the 80 they drift ok if you have a 2wd kit on them

:laughing-rolling: I'm trying to imagine my truck drifting :laughing-rolling:

For or me, I'm happy to leave that stuff to the "Ken Block's" of this world, if you're gonna do something, do it right!

http://youtu.be/WUO-lPubXeI

Incredible stuff! :icon-biggrin:

Thanks for the comments guys , I fixed the problem. I pulled the Alternator out and pulled it apart and cleaned it as all the brushes were full of mud and crap - cleaned all the brushes and it is now perfect.
I'm with Clivehorridge I don't think it is possible to drift a 80 lol - I would love to see someone even try with the weight of these bad boys , I'll leave the drifting to my other cars

Cheers

Back