Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series spring spacers

don't think you need a machine quite that fancy :lol: I think those are cast poly whatsit anyway.

I think the term you are looking for Jon is plastic fantastic :icon-wink:

Fair play to them though its unlikely they buy a machine just to make spacers and 30 quid an hour is what anyone who can hold a spanner charges nowadays so they can't make a huge profit . I just put coil spacers on my 90 and i have to say it was the best 100 quid i ever spent :icon-biggrin:

Thats a point Steven I can't see any reason why you could us a 20mm (for instance) 80 series front spacer on the back of your 90 to get you up where you want to be if you are happy with the ride you have?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes interesting, but as Jon says they're not cheep! I stumbled over them looking at 80 series springs, I can get a pair of brand new standard KYB 80 series springs for less than two of those 30mm spacers (£65.34)!

All i can say is i'm glad i never bought new springs instead , perhaps i'm just lucky but for me the combination of very old springs and spacers works far better than i could possibly have guessed . There's a foot square 3 inch deep pothole down the road and i can hardly feel it at 30mph but while testing the set up and driving over speed bumps at 30mph i get the impression nothing would cause the suspension to bottom out . And thats with only the front spacers in , the rear spacers should arrive by the end of the week but for the time being comparing the front suspension to the back is like comparing a Mercedes S Class to a pram .

PS i didn't buy them with any ideas about improving anything i just wanted to stop 285/75's rubbing .

Last edited:
Back