Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series starter motor- parts and suppliers

I've had other things to do so sidelined at the moment. I'm concerned over buying a good quality part. Toyota price is about £600!

hi I have a fzj80 I have changed the plunger twice on the starter motor it has now done it again after 3 months wtf .I the put a jumper across the starter bingo started .so is it the starter or a dodgy connection or the ignition barrel?????
I have just cut in to the trigger wire connected a relay aand run it to a push button start in the cab drawing power from the ignition loom to the button and relay and from the relay to battery and trigger cable on starter motor . turn the key sometimes it starts or turn the key and press the button starts every time! so are all the problems dodgy starters or just old ignition barrels????????????

Always worth checking up on the Marine variants from Yanmar, often a few on ebay et al & possibly more waterproof than the OE stuff

Yanmar do the same motor. The Denso/Bosch part numbers match but they are Toyota prices.

I went for a second hand HDJ 100 unit off eBay, turned up in crap condition, got a refund and got to keep the unit. Stripped and cleaned, fitted new plunger/contacts and all was well. I then modded the front cover and fitted my 80 24v dog and fitted it so the 12v mod was complete. One minor issue was I got abut carried away lubing the plunger and the grease migrated up to the contacts leaving me with no starter the first rainy night in Spain for bloody months! A quick push and got home and then cleaned the contacts and all was well, total conversion was about 30 quid for OE plunger kit IIRC?

As yours is a manual Frank you might to try the second hand route?

regards

Dave

Back