Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ABS Traction control lights on

mercedeschris

Country Flag
uk
Newish to the LC Club. Just sorted my 120 SCV and pleased with results. But just got in car now to nip out and ABS and other related lights have come on. Fault codes C0200 and C1223 are current. I suspect a wheel sensor ?? Where would be the best place to purchase one? Not a lover of eBay rubbish.

Roughtrax is a good place to start for lc parts, they do a mix of gen. and non gen.
Prices arent too shabby either, have a look on their site.

Make sure you didn't disturb the sensor / knock the wire off when you had the wheel off for your SCV!

Yep, could be Karl, those sensor cables don't like any pulling about.
M.C. might be an idea to start giving the bolt holding the cable clip on a squirt, in anticipation of replacement, they alwas rust in.

M.C. Well done with the scv replacement, a good result. We normally go in from the top,- less work.

Last edited:
Cheers guys,

I'm sure the ABS sensor is joined to a wiring loom that goes up inner wheel arch into engine bay and into a 2 pin connector? When I look for a replacement part only a sensor is listed with no wiring loom? Does the loom detach at the wheel sensor? Sure mines fixed to the sensor and not removeable? I connected a scope to the wheel sensors and no AC output from OSF....so fairly sure it's a sensor issue. I didn't do a resistance check though...I'd lent my meter to a friend so I take the risk and order one......
Cheers

I'm pretty sure it detaches - I've got some spares that don't have a wiring loom so I assume they must do!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
TBH, I thought my wiring was fixed to sensor too, from when I replaced the rotted out backplates.
Got me inquisitive now Karl !

These were parts I got from fleabay when I thought I might need them, so they might not be correct... !

I shall look tomorrow for confirmation on what mine are Karl.
There may be 2 types, which doesnt make sense with production costs ??.

Back