Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aerial Issue - Help Diagnosing Please

cathl

Country Flag
uk
Please could anyone shed any light on diagnosing an issue with my radio aerial? 1998 100 Series.

I've read a good few helpful threads on here re how to replace the inner mast (thank you), but before I have a go at this I'm wondering if the issue is actually with the inner mast or may be something else - can anyone advise?

The motor works fine - aerial goes up and down - but when switching the radio off the aerial goes down too far and disappears down into the casing. It can at times also go up too far and the whole mast falls out of the casing and dangles down the side of the car.

We've had the mast out and given it a good clean etc, this fixed it temporarily but now it's disappearing too far down the casing again and I've no radio signal.

Thanks for any help

Sounds like it’s worn and separating. If it’s a genuine one And the rest of it is sound, a new element should fix it. A pain I know but probably worth removing and inspecting the old unit before buying a new element. It could have broken in the middle.

Sounds like it’s worn and separating. If it’s a genuine one And the rest of it is sound, a new element should fix it. A pain I know but probably worth removing and inspecting the old unit before buying a new element. It could have broken in the middle.

Thanks - sadly my skills aren't up to removing the unit and my electrical guy is slightly wary of it falling apart. He's willing to have a go though. Will see what happens.

Thanks for the help :)

Back